01

Originally called 'Marked'

All picture photoshops are mine.

Began: May 2015
Completed: —

01

Unworthy. I was unworthy of many possessions; many being unworthy to speak to my parents, to talk back, to say what I felt. My life had been filled with no love from a parent. I was always the kid who got locked in a broom closet while the other kids were able to roam around my house when we had visitors. Our house wasn't the biggest nor was it the smallest. We had three bedrooms, one bathroom, a living room, and a kitchen. My parents were not poor, but my father always seemed to be chased by Aurors for a reason I did not know of. The pain I felt was nothing but a weight on my chest. My pain was mental, it was easy for me to hide it and look strong on the outside.

Something I do not want anymore is this kind of life. I have no reason to stay in a world that will soon be taken over by the Dark Lord. The Dark Lord himself knows of my feelings, he takes pride in them and feeds off of the saddened energy that seems to radiate off of me. My life is no ordinary one, I felt alone, hidden in a place where I didn't belong.

There was only one person who understood and felt the same way as I did; Draco Malfoy. The boy I grew up with, the boy who sat with his back against the broom cupboard who spoke to me through the crack of the door. The boy who was there for me when no one else was.

"Why did your mother lock you in there?" The boy questioned with his palms against the door leaning towards the crack so the girl inside would hear him clearly. He pressed his ear against the wooden door, hoping for a response.

"You're going to get me into trouble." A small voice spoke from inside.

"No one will see me speaking to you, everyone else is outside."

"I'm not allowed to speak to the other kids. Father forbids it; he says that I'll make the others follow in my footsteps of causing distress." The blonde boy furrows his eyebrows together and sits in front of the door fully with his legs crossed. He faces the door once again and speaks in a hushed tone,

"I'll stay here until I have to leave." And with that, the two children spoke for two hours about their lives. The little boy soon learned that the girl's name was Caroline, and the little girl learned that the boy's name was Draco.

Draco had spoken proudly of his acceptance letter to Hogwarts he had got five days prior and little did Caroline's parents know Caroline had also gotten a letter, which was tightly grasped in her small hands that were pressed excitedly against her chest in the broom closet.

My parents were the least bit happy once they found an owl at the window with another acceptance letter. They yelled and they screamed but I knew very well that I was going to Hogwarts with my new friend. The day I left was the day my parents hugged me for the first time, though I knew they were only doing that because they were in front of a lot of people on the platform.

Once I arrived at Hogwarts, we lined up and got sorted. Both Draco and I were sorted into Slytherin and were very excited to live most of our lives in Hogwarts. We were both happy until we came home three days ago after our fifth year and sensed a heavy energy in the air. That heavy feeling lasted two months before August came and my parents came into my room with terrible news. I had been invited to an important meeting with the Dark Lord.

"Smooth out your dress Caroline, this is a very important meeting with the Dark Lord and you better be happy you were invited," My mother snapped at me as I make my way down the staircase. "This is big for our daughter isn't it Caspar?" She fixed my father's collar and smoothed out his suit with the palm of her hand. I rolled my eyes and look over into the kitchen where my brother is seated at the counter with a sandwich in his hands.