Sincerely, You Are an Edelweiss in Full Bloom

You're frustrated, tired and angry. And also: frustrated... and tired... and angry. The sun's only making that worse with its fucking incessant shining. You growl at it, not that it does anything. It's just making you more tired, angry and frustrated. The windows at Calypso's training rooms are too big, and the curtains are too small to cover them, and they're so dark it feels like they're only making things warmer. Not warm in a good way like your bedroom on a breezy spring morning, but sticky, sweaty warm like you're at the beach in a suit in summer.

Weiss said eight oh clock exactly, and here you are, lazily slumped against the wall, fanning yourself with your own hand like an idiot an hour later than that. Ice Queen has opted to not show up, breaking her own rules about showing up on time. What a bitch.

Maybe when (Or if.) she walks through those doors you'll fly off the handle and berate her. God, wouldn't that be satisfying, showing Weiss what it feels like to know a Weiss. You're especially angry that you didn't get a lot of sleep because of her stupid rules. And she's probably going to be cold and curt with you, like every day, and you're going to be infuriated to the shattered moon and back.

You glance at the clock, every tick that passes making another pang of resentment run through your nerves. You tap your fingers on the ground anxiously and find yourself thinking about Yushan again. At some point, someday, you will confront her about her murder, but right now you'd rather not alienate yourself into loneliness, since Yu's basically all you have.

When you hear her shoes tapping down the corridor you adopt a scowl, and when she comes inside you bare at her all the frustration stewing in your heart. She stops in her tracks and looks down at you, noticing your scowl and matching it perfectly.

"What?" She says, placing a hand on her hip.

"You're late," you mutter through your teeth, almost animalistic.

"I was tired."

"You overslept?" You growl.

"I slept as long as I needed to."

You roll your eyes, "What happened to the ground rules?"

"We almost died yesterday, I made an exception," she shrugs incredulously. Some part of you wants to just go off and rip that comment to shreds, but once again, self control is a virtue.

"You could've told me," you mutter, standing up with much effort. "Now I'm tired and upset. Good job."

"Oh, you're blaming me for this?" She scoffs.

"Who else would I blame?"

"This is typical," she shakes her head, before pointing a finger at you accusatorially. "Always find the most well-off person around you and put everything on them, typical of idlers, sloths and good-for-nothings like you."

"You're insufferable," you say, narrowing your eyes at her with intent I'd call murderous.

"You're insufferable," she repeats, just higher and more pretentious. "And if you're just here to waste my time then you might as well not even be here," she moves Myrtenaster from its case and enters a stance you've seen many times before. You look at her sceptically for a few moments before she notices. "Well?"

"Weiss, my sword broke," you state matter-of-factly, as though she's an idiot.

She lowers her weapon and sighs, massaging her temples. It can never be easy with you, there's always something to complain about.

"So? Get a new one," a beat of silence passes, "Better sooner rather than later," she urges, motioning towards the door.

"What the hell do you expect me to do? Right now if I had the money to buy a weapon, I'd buy a gun and shoot myself."