"𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒆, 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈." - 𝑿𝑰

Start from the beginning

Everyone stopped talking and Cherry got out of her car. She looked real nervous. People were whispering and murmuring. When they stopped, Tim gave her a cruel glare.

"Well, well, well... what do we have here?" Tim asked.

"I dunno Tim, looks like a little soc." Another greaser said.

"Yeah, but she's also the dead kids girl." Dally smirked deviously.

Cherry tensed up at that. I don't think she liked being called 'the dead kid's girl'. I understand how she felt. I got teased because I was the girl whose 'boyfriend' killed a soc. Most greasers wouldn't tease me about it, but the socs sure would.

"D'ya know what we do with soc girls like you?" Tim asked, flicking out his switch blade. A couple others did so as well.

"You and your soc friends have jumped us for years. Time to repay the favor." Another greaser sneered. They all crowded around her.

"Don't." I said. "Let's see what she has to say first."

Cherry gave me a small smile, which I returned.

"Well," She started. She pulled on the draw strings of her ski jacket and tucked her red hair behind her ears. She stood at about five-foot-five and her posture perfectly straight. She swallowed before continuing.

"I feel like this is all my fault-" Dallas cut her off. "It is."

"Dally let her finish." Two-Bit said.

"I'll testify that Bob and Randy were looking for a fight. I'll say that Ponyboy and Johnny fought back in self defense." We all looked at her. "I-I want to be your spy." She stuttered out.

We all looked at her quietly for a second before we all bust out laughing.

"A spy?" Dally asked. "Well why didn't you just say so? We sure could use a pretty broad like you for a spy."

"Alright then, I'll come here to report anything important." She said and smiled.

She started to leave but Dally stopped her. "So, you wanna maybe go on over to the Dingo for a coke or something?" He asked.

I remembered what Cherry told me and Ponyboy just a few days ago.

'I hope I never see Dallas Winston again, if I do, I'll probably fall in love with him.'

"No thank you." She said to Dallas. "But you can go to hell instead, if you please." And with that, she drove away.

"She loves me. She doesn't know it yet." Dally said smirking.

I rolled my eyes and we continued our walk to the Dingo.

~

"So, what'd you do today?" Darry asked as we ate dinner.

"Nothing much. Me and Dally were gonna go to the Dingo to get something for lunch and we saw Two-Bit getting jumped so we helped him. He wanted to come to the Dingo with us and then we walked by the lot on the way and the Shepard gang was there so we said 'hi' for a bit. The Cherry pulled up and said she wanted to be our spy."

"Okay, say that again, but slower." Darry said.

I sighed, "Long story short, we have a spy. Cherry Valance." I said.

"Is it that red-headed broad that y'all met at the drive-in?" Sodapop asked.

"Yeah. She said she would testify that Bob and Randy were lookin' for a fight and that Pony and Johnny were just using self defense."