I was just doing a quick authors note to summarize what has happened so far!
1. Alexis is attacked and goes missing
2. The officer that questioned Dani about Alexis' disappearance went missing and then is found dead
3. Dani told Officer Michaels something important about the disappearance but lied to the other officers about it (and you guys still don't know what she said!)
4. Kyle confesses his feelings to Shay( but his mom doesn't like her)
5. Dani and Shay break into Alexis' house and search her room, but right as Shay gets her fingers on it, Alexis' parents and brother come home to find them
6. Shay began cutting herself
7. Aiden and Dani broke up
8. Dani discovers Jonah has feelings for her
9. Dani also discovers Aiden and Alexis use to flirt ALL the time when she was there
10. Alexis' bag is found at a club and in an alley not far from the club, her blood was found
11. Shay gets abused by her mom(no one knows) and shows up to Dani's house with cuts, bruises, and burns all over her body (some that Shay did to herself)
12. A bartender comes forward about seeing her the night she went missing
13. Dani and Shay have a huge fight
14. Alexis went to the club with an older guy the night she went missing and claimed she loved him. Two hours later, she all of a sudden gets scared and runs away.
15. Lillian and Aiden are seen together
I hope you have enjoyed this story so far and I'm excited to see what you guys think of the next chapters to come!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I decide to go apologize to Dani. We've all been under a lot of stress and she must have just snapped. When I get there, she's sitting on her porch. I can hear her crying.
"Dani?" I mumble, and she looks up. Dani wipes her eyes.
"I'm so sorry" she says, and hugs me.
"Shh it's okay, it's all going to be okay" I whisper.
"He cheated on me" Dani mumbles.
"With who?" I ask.
"Alexis, and now that she's going he's using that little brat" Dani answers, and then begins crying even harder.
"Lillian" I mumble.
After thirty minutes of her crying on my shoulder, I head home. It's already about ten o'clock, and I need to get to bed.
When I show up, Kyle is there, and he has some thing in his hand.
"I found it" he states, as I hop out of my car.
"Found what?" I question as I walk up to him.
"The thing you almost got before getting caught in Alexis' house. It's her diary" he says, flipping it open.
"Have you read any of it?" I ask.
"No, I just went there, found it, and came here. I thought you should read it first" Kyle replies, handing it to me, and then runs his hand over his hair.
YOU ARE READING
One Step BehindMystery / Thriller
There were six best friends, all that adored each other, who would never hurt each other, and didn't know what they would do without each other, but then there were five. What happened to the sixth? Who will ever know.... #86 in Mystery/Thriller on...