You Can't Sit With Us

On Monday, Andy comes into lunch wearing leather pants. "Hey, Andy, you can't sit with us!" Brendon exclaims as Andy places his tray down. "You're wearing leather pants, and that's against our fashion rules. The fashion rules that you wrote, by the way."

"There's nothing wrong with these pants," Andy says. "I like these pants. They fit me very well."

Gerard joins in on the conversation, adding, "Brendon's right, Andy. You can only wear leather pants on Fridays. It's Monday."

Andy laughs. "Those rules are just for fun, Gee. They aren't even real."

"They were real that day I wore a Nickelback T-Shirt!" Gerard protests. Andy smirks, "Only because Nickelback is a crappy band, just like My Chemical Romance! I'm glad your band broke up, Gerard! Your music was always horrible!"

"My Chemical Romance was and still is an amazing band, and if you insult it, you can't sit with us!" I shout. "Get your dumb opinions and your ugly leather pants away from our lunch table before Brendon beats you up."

Andy looks sadly at me for a moment, and he sighs, "These leather pants are all that fit me right now."

"Too bad!" Brendon yells. "You can't sit with us!" "Well then," Andy sneers, "I'll carry on without you! The world will never take my heart!"

He marches away from the lunch table, leaving me with Brendon and Gerard. "That was amazing! I can't believe you stood up to Andy!" Brendon exclaims, fist bumping me. "That was so punk rock!"

"You're so much better than Andy," agrees Gerard. "Hey, you want to hang out at the mall after school? Without Andy?"

"Totally!" I grin. "We're so much better off without him."

We leave school together that day while Andy watches us go. Brendon pulls up his sleeves, revealing the tattoo Andy had always forced him to hide.

Hayley rushes up to me while I walk home. "Patrick, I'm entering a music competition next Saturday. You should come see it!" "Sorry, I can't go," I tell her. "My father is taking me into the city to see a marching band."

"Oh," Hayley sighs. "I just thought it would be fun for you to take a night off from your double life. Should I call you later? We can hang out at Pete's or something."

"Sounds punk rock," I reply. "See you later, Hayley!"

When Brendon, Gerard, and I reach the mall, I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words between Dan Howell and his good friend Phil.

"Patrick Stump is so hot. I think he's hotter than Andy Hurley!" Phil whispers to Dan. "I know, right?" Dan agrees. "I saw Patrick wearing a fedora and velcro shoes, so I bought a fedora and velcro shoes!"

Andy better watch his back now, for now I am the new queen bee.