The Tournament Comes

(I think I made a mistake doing a lemon before the end, because then there's no reason to read on, as shown by the reads)

3rd person pov

Pyrrh: ...It really is a shame you couldn't participate

Y/N: Well, if I couldn't even beat those Grimm, what chance would I stand?

The redhead sat beside Y/N in his bed, the teen wearing a cast around his foot which stopped just shy of his knee. His expression was a bit sour as he looked away, more bothered then his tone let on.

Pyrrh: At least we get to spend some more time together

Y/N: Not much we could do with me like this

Pyrrh: ...I can think of a few things

As he began to lean down to Y/N the door began to open making him sit up, looking over to see Neo who had his arms crossed. Wearing an awkward smile Pyrrh climbed to his feet, clearing his throat.

Pyrrh: My team's match should be soon. I'll give you two some space

Walking past the mute he hurried down the halls, which was evident by hearing his retreating footsteps echoing until the door was shut, leaving the teammates alone in the room.

Heading over to his own bed Neo looked away as he crossed his arms leaving the teen to just lay there silently, his foot resting on pillows as he stared at the ceiling, not having much else to do.

Y/N: ...You guys couldn't compete because of me. Sorry

It went back to silence after that, although the mute found his gaze travelling to Y/N for a moment. He was still staring at the ceiling, although what could be seen from his expression wasn't anything positive.

Y/N: I-I don't know what happened. I was fine, and then something got me from behind, and it all just- it fell apart

Neo slowly began to come over, having been hesitant about this although he couldn't exactly share the truth of what happened to Y/N, given he never spoke, and there'd be no way he'd believe him even if he wrote it out.

Sitting beside him, like Pyrrh had, the mute looked down to him causing the teen to keep his gaze at the ceiling, however a hand landing on his cheek made him flinch before his head was turned to create eye contact.

While a bit difficult, Neo did his best to communicate, wordlessly. He gently pointed to himself with two fingers before tapping Y/N's chest with the same two fingers only to reach down, interlacing their fingers and offering a faint smile.

Y/N: Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to tell me

The mute took his hand back and gestured to the teen's cast covered foot before loosely making an X with his arms while shaking his head, tapping his own chest with two fingers soon after.

This was met with more confusion so he took in a deep breath and tried once more. Neo rubbed his eyes like he was crying after pointing to his foot once again while shaking his head.

Y/N: It... doesn't upset you?

Finally getting what he was trying trying get across the mute nodded as Y/N sat up, partially understanding now however his head turned off to the side, making Neo's expression drop a bit.

Y/N: Upsets me. I didn't want to hold any of you back. Shoulda just stayed in the stupid warehouse

He reached over for his scroll but his wrist was grabbed, stopping him a few inches shy. Neo pulled his arm and and didn't take his eyes off of the teen, eventually making him look back at the mute.