N i n e t y - f i v e

This chapter contains mentions of abuse, blood, and rape, along with emotional trauma. Please read with caution.

_____

''I won't fight for something you're ready to walk away from.''

_____

It took Draco moments, minutes to be exact. Long, hurtful seconds as they passed ever so slowly, and he watched the boy he saved Amelie from — the person who robbed her of everything she ever was, step up to stand beside her.

''No...'' He, at last, breathed, shaking his head and trying with every bone in his body not to give in to the burning rage as it escalated, ''This isn't happening. He's dead.''

Amelie swallowed the painful lump as it ached in the back of her throat, nearly fainting right there and then by the look of Malfoy losing his mind, ''Draco, it's him.''

''Polyjuice?'' The blond hissed, his chest rose, and fell forcefully, ''Is this a bloody trick to get me loose from the Dark Lord because this isn't funny, Amelie. This isn't—''

''Oh, so this is your way of saying you didn't miss me?'' Adrian grinned provokingly. The taunting curl on his lips caused Draco to tense, ''My voice wouldn't change of the polyjuice.''

He had told Amelie before they stepped through the doors that he needed to be ruthless. Adrian couldn't hold back on his insults and the way he meant to speak about her in his presence. It was either Adrian, challenging Draco to a point where he'd lose it, or it was Teddy trying another week of his method.

He'd done this before. He knew it would work, and even if she knew he enjoyed this — even if she understood that this wasn't just saving Draco for Adrian, this was also him getting his vengeance for Malfoy taking her away from him, she still let him do it.

Amelie needed Draco back.

She couldn't bear to breathe the air if Malfoy weren't the one she'd share it with, so she allowed Adrian to go as far as he thought to be appropriate.

''You fucking—'' Malfoy growled, ''Don't you dare stand beside her. Get away from her right now.''

Tears prickled in her eyes because he didn't look at her. Never had he been as disappointed with Amelie as he was now, ''Draco, please—'' She pleaded, but without luck.

''Right fucking—'' Rolling his shoulders, Draco grasped at the armrests of his chair, ''Let me out, Amelie.''

Both of the boys glared at each other from a distance, narrowing forest in ice, and never had it been a deathlier potion.

''I can't do that,'' She whispered, and now she was the one looking away. She felt so much guilt. She didn't want to put him through this. Not once did she wish to pour the memory of what Adrian did to them, over him again, ''He's here to help us.''

''Let me fucking loose, Amelie.'' Malfoy demanded, so coldly that it shook her, ''Let me out of these chains so that I can kill this fucking—''

''This fucking what?'' Still mocking him, Adrian smirked, ''The reason you're not a bloody corpse on the bottom of the ocean?''

''Amelie, let me loose.''

''Draco—''

''Right fucking now!'' He shouted, so loudly that it shook the room, ''Step the hell away from her.''

''Adrian,'' Amelie turned to him, her persona diminished, ''Perhaps you should go—''

''Not until I fucking kill him,'' Gritting his teeth, Draco spat his words with more despise she'd ever heard him utter, ''He's not going anywhere with you and Atlas in the house.''