twenty-three.

Cassie was walking around the city happily on a hot summer day. She was young, ten years old, and had nothing to do at home so she wanted to go out instead of being stuck in her room all day. Diego and Valentina, her parents, told her that she should be home in two hours so he glanced at the small pink watch around her wrist and she knew she only had one more hour outside.

She was walking past a playground and on one of the two swings she was a girl with her head down. Cassie walked over to her and when she was standing in front her of she tapped the girl on the shoulder but the girl didn't look up, her brown hair covering her face.

"Leave me alone," the girl faintly said.

Cassie frowned and wondered why the girl was so sad that she didn't want any company so she tapped on her shoulder again and this time the girl looked up and her brown eyes met Cassie's.

"Why are you sad?" Cassie asked her.

"No one wants to play with me."

So she does want company, Cassie thought, but she doesn't have someone.

"I can play with you," She suggested.

Cassie could see that girl eyes light up and smile wide, "really?"

She nodded, "yes of course, come let's play. I'm Cassie."

"I'm Natalia but you can call me Lia."

So the two of them played on the playground and laughed together. Cassie was having so much fun. She didn't have a good time on a long time and she was glad that she found a friend she could share her good moments with.

After a long while of playing and laughing Cassie glanced on her watch again and she knew that is was time to go, "I have to go home now."

"Okay, can we meet here again tomorrow?" Lia asked.

"Yes of course. Same time?"

"Yes same time. Bye Cassie."

"Bye Lia." Cassie waved and turned away from her.

"Are we going to stay friends forever?" Cassie heard Lia asked her.

Cassie turned around and smiled at Lia, "yes, we are."

"Pinky promise?" Lia stuck her pinky out to Cassie.

"Pinky promise." Cassie hooked her finger with Lia's.

Cassie

I was standing in front of the mirror and staring at my own reflection. I looked tired and exhausted. Since Lia's death three days ago, I didn't get so much sleep and I haven't eaten a lot. I didn't feel like it. The only thing I felt like doing was crying and being sad. Would you blame me though?

Lia's funeral was in less than an hour and I was getting ready for it but I was doing it in a really slow pace, I didn't know why. I was wearing a black dress and black heels and my hair was tied in a bun. I didn't bother to do my make up, what was the point if I knew that I was going to cry anyway?

I looked out of the window and the sky was covered with grey clouds and raindrops were wetting the world. I found it was funny that it was raining since it had been sunny the entire week. It was like heaven was crying with us although it should be happy because it gained an angel. I tear rolled down my cheek, I still couldn't believe I had lost her.

"Are you ready to go?" a voice asked behind me. It was Justin's.

I quickly wiped away the tears and then I turned around and looked at him. "Yeah, I am."