𝟏𝟕

"This the house?" He asked

"Yea, I'll be back." I took a deep breath getting out the car and walking up to the porch.

I knocked on the door hard enough for it to be known that I was outside and he came to open the door.

"Kaelyn?" He said.

"Hi." I said before we hugged.

"Haven't talked to you in a while come on in?" He allowed me to walk in. "How you been?" He asked as we sat down.

"Trying to make it through, what about you?" I asked.

"Taking it day by day. I see you still wear that necklace." He smiled referring to the letter M I had on my necklace for Malik.

"Wear it everyday." I smiled looking down it.

"What brings you by? Is everything alright?" He asked drinking some coffee.

"I have a few questions actually....How did you know my mother?" I asked and he put his coffee down slowly.

"We were like you and Malik growing up." He chuckled. We were just best friends though no more than that." He cleared up.

"She introduced me to a lot of things dealing with the mind and spirituality. She was considered as different growing up but everybody loved her." He reminisced.

"Why didn't you tell me you looked after me for her?" I asked softly.

"It was to protect you, see when your father got full custody of you they shut out her side of family and friends but he don't know me and her were that close . If he knew you would've never met me or Malik." He said.

"What happened after I was born, how come things went left?" I asked.

"With the custody battle your father was scared that your mother was going to run off with you again without any communication since she never stayed in town for long." He stated.

"He was crazy about Jamilah, he loved her." He stated and I was confused because my auntie said something different.

"He wanted to be with your mother more than anything, she would vent to me all the time about it. But what he didn't know was that she was getting death threats from Eva which is why she took you and left." He said.