1. A kid is our new recruit?

You were told to enter this compound. You are scared not because you don't know where you are but precisely because you know where this place is. This is the Avengers compound. How many people wish to be able to enter this place? You look up at the building and you feel so small.

You had to pass through security, they checked through everything you carry to ensure that you are not hiding any dangerous or illegal equipment. When they clear you, you take out your Rubik's cube from your bag because you are nervous. You needed something to calm you down and the Rubik's cube brings you away from reality.

Steve notices someone walking along the corridor through the transparent window and asks Natasha. "What is a kid doing here? How did she get in?" Natasha turns around and spots you walking as well. "I don't know."

She decided to bring it into her hands and approach you. She bends over to your height and asks you. "What are you doing here?" Before you get to reply, you see her standing up and talking to someone else.

"She's with me." You turn over to see Tony standing behind you. Steve walks out of the room and joins the conversation. "How old are you?" You look over to Tony who, signals for you to reply. "I'm 25." As expected, everyone looks confused at your answer. They couldn't believe what they heard as it obviously does not match with what they are seeing.

"You don't look like 25, you look like you're 13." Steve speaks in disbelief. "You don't look 90 too." You knew all about him because Tony had already talked to you about his team members. "That's different." Steve tried to defend himself.

"She's going to be joining us from now on. Where's the rest?" Tony tries to get to the point, obviously tired of dealing with this mess. "In their room. Some of them are still on their mission." Natasha informs him. "Call them down." Tony makes it clear that he is not going to move from his position, so Natasha went to call them.

Soon, people start gathering in the room. Tony introduces us. "This is Y/N. She'll be joining us from now on." You greet everyone with a smile. 

"What can she do?" Steve breaks the silence by asking the question that everyone is so obviously trying to figure out as well. You understand that they are curious, so you reply to his question. "I can read minds and this." You show that the Rubik's cube in your hand goes white.

"You can take colours?" Wanda asks shockingly. You are quite surprised that she is shocked, seeing how most of them here have powers. "No, I can make things disappear. Colour is just part of it. I just want to keep the Rubik's cube." You laugh at your silliness.

"Can you put them back?" Wanda trying to figure out more about your powers. "No. Not that I know of. I can only make certain things disappear. Things that are too big or contain power make it difficult. Or at least I never tried, never had to." You answered, hoping to clarify their doubts.

They have lots of questions, seeing how they are meeting you for the first time. The questions keep coming in.

You can see that Natasha is looking at your head, and the question that you dread hearing is unavoidable. "Why are you still wearing your headphones?" You can see that she was genuinely curious. "I can't control my mind reading yet. The headphones just cancel everything out. Otherwise, all your thoughts will be flooding in. And that would not be nice for both you and me." You explain to her kindly. "You can hear our thoughts without trying?" Wanda is evidently trying to expand on this subject. You nodded at her.

Everyone is speechless. They had nothing to say. But Natasha points out something that not everybody would think of. "You can still hear us with the headphones on?"

You shake your head. "I learned to lip read."

"So, you can't actually hear us."

"That's right."

Everybody fell silent again. They did not know how to respond to such a comment. You not being able to hear their voices.

"Wanda, can you show Y/N her room? It's next to yours." Seeing how the conversation was coming to an end, Tony decides to send you to your room.