Dirty Secrets

Aubrey was leaning against his black Bentley with cigarette in his hand. It was his fifth cigarette in a row. To hell with cancer, he was already dying. His dark eyes scanned the crowd. He noticed Carter. He wasn't alone, of course. The woman turned in his direction and he saw her face clearly. She was young and pretty, of course, but looked angry.

He watched them, from a distance. They were talking or rather arguing. Then he said something and she giggled, blushed and looked down at her drink. Cute. Pitiful. Pitiful but cute.

Suddenly his phone vibrated against his thigh.
Where are you? I miss you so much...
He read the message smirking but didn't replay. Not now sweetheart, not now. He put it back in his pocket.

Ten minutes later Carter kissed her rosy cheek and she gave him that smile. A million dollar smile. Then the object of his hatred stood up and left the restaurant. She stayed, alone, with a sad expression on her face. This was the moment Aubrey was waiting for. And he was ready. He walked into the building heading toward the woman. There were things he needed to tell her.

♦♦♦

"Hello gorgeous" Aubrey said sitting casually on Carter's place, as if he had all the time in the world. She barely looked up at him. She was even more beautiful close up, so beautiful in fact that he was taken aback by it.

"Didn't anyone ever teach you that it's not polite to ignore people?" he asked after a while but she still was more interested in her phone "I want you to listen to me"

"And I obviously want the very contrary" the stunning brunette said scornfully, rolling her bright, green eyes at him. Uh. Oh. Rude and cold.

"Tell me, how is it going with lovely mister Carter? Trouble in paradise?" 

It was amusing, her obvious confusion. She was shocked for a second before realizing what he meant. She dropped the phone from her hands and looked around nervously. He watched her inhale slowly, her black blouse clinging to her curves.

She didn't reply him, at least not with words. But now she was entirely focused on him. He didn't want to beat around the bush. She was with Carter, she was a good liar too.

"I know you are not happy anymore, you are not okay, this isn't working, everything is wrong..." he started knowing it would only annoy her further.

"Shut up..." she muttered, twisting her fingers nervously "You have no idea what you're talking about" She had no real answer. He raised an eyebrow.

"Really?" he asked, his tone soft and mocking. She looked away. His grin widened. He was enjoying her discomfort, but his situation was the same.

"Are you the woman he is living with? Are you the woman he is kissing every night? Are you the woman who is standing by his side at the official parties? What is your place in his life?" Aubrey taunted shaking his head at her. 

He saw hurt in her expression. He was feeling a little guilty about it.

"What the fuck do you want?" she asked through gritted teeth. He laughed, dark tone in his voice. Then he cleared his throat.

"What. Do. I. Want?" he repeated a few times "This is a very interesting question" he smirked "The simplest answer is I want Beyonce" he finally declared.

She blinked, then her eyes widened and at the same time her jaw dropped a little. He watched as everything clicked into place in her mind. And she eventually understood.

"That fucking bitch... She didn't waste any time" she whispered angrily to herself, raising a hand to her mouth, touching her blood red lips "And Shawn thinks she is a saint..." she laughed shortly, humorlessly.