(Part I?)Soulmates who were not meant to be

ابدأ من البداية

Shaking off the feeling, you stopped in front of him with your hand up high. "Kastu, can you promise to never hurt me with your quirk? Even though I already know you won't." You asked in a soft tone, smiling at the end that caused him to blush a bit. He glanced down at your small hand before turning his head away and scoffing. "If it'll make you shut up, fine." He wrapped his pinky around yours, feeling a bit of warmth when he snuggled his small finger with your own. For a second, he didn't want to let go, but his ego got in the way and made him pull away as quickly as he could. "There, now leave me alone."

As usual, you ignored his command and embraced him in a hug, his body froze in his spot as he blushed furiously at the contact. You looked up at him with soft (E/c) eyes, "Kastuki, you know I love you, right?" Bakugou couldn't even respond as he was too caught up with his feelings about how warm you actually were. He didn't say anything for a second until he shook his head and pushed you off his body, shoving his hands back in his pocket. "Yeah yeah, whatever."

-End of Flashback-

With caution, you carefully stood up from your spot with your stringed arm in your hand, obviously giving away that it was broken of the sort. The tears in your eyes spilled down your checks as you stumbled forward and leaned your weight on the nearest desk. Betrayal written all over your face as you looked back at the couple, it almost surprised you that the male showed something other than anger and rage. But it didn't push the fact he hurt you with his quirk. That he broke his promise, a real promise. Something inside you shattered into a million pieces, you couldn't even process what had happened.

"(Y-Y/n)..!" Bakugou managed to say, his hand stretched out to you but never coming close. His voice scared you, you felt like you could never look at him the same, not after what he had done. But, there was something else you could do to finish this. You forced your lips into a smile that came out weird and traumatic. Lifting your broken arm with a small flinch of pain, you showed the red string that held the bond between you and him. He was slightly confused, but all he wanted was to run up to you and hug the hell out of your small body, apologizing that he broke his first promise he had ever been for real with.

"(Y/n), I-I'm sor—" Before he could finish his sentence, a pained stab surged through his body that caused him to slouch over. The string slowly and gracefully glided down to the ground with its end cut off. His eyes widened with realization as he looked at your pinky, seeing its redful color gradually turn black. "Th-There.. I'm n-not your pro–blem anym-more…" You stuttered weakly, snipping your sharpened fingers like scissors. As much as you didn't want to end this so-called 'relationship' with the blonde boy, you knew it was better off as just… strangers. Bakugou felt tears sting his eyes as he watched you smile with absolute no happiness at all, just pain and betrayal. He kept his eye on you as you limped out of the classroom, knowing that you’ll go to the nurses office and not blame him for the broken arm. And just like that, he had lost his soulmate and his secret lover.

••••••••••••••••••

Yesterday's incident blew away in a flash as soon as the next day came along. You had a cast on your left arm that no longer had the red string attached to it. Everyone in your class asked about the injury, and the small dent in the classroom, to which you only answered with, “Oh! Just fell down the stairs on the way home! Nothing to worry about!” You would say with a smile. The moment Bakugou saw you that morning, he felt his heart crack at the damage he had left behind. It wasn’t like him to feel sympathy for others, especially someone close to him. But this was his soulmate we’re talking about, someone who wouldn’t leave his side for anything, bother him when they got the chance to just for the hell of it, a type of love that he yearned for his entire life, and now he just blew that away when he hooked up with the kirby wanna-be.

He couldn’t even bring himself to say hi, you didn’t even to the daily, jump on him and get scolded for ‘catching him off guard’. That was the one thing he had gotten used to since you both met. Not that he’d admit it, but he liked how you were always around him, touching him when you wanted to annoy him, and just plain talk to him. He felt alone, now that you’re ignoring him. He just….missed you. Something inside him died when you walked out yesterday, knowing that he hurt you, it made him regret it so much. Looking at you now, he hated himself.

His arm slowly reached out for you when you had his back towards him, wanting to pull you in a hug where you couldn’t get out while he whispered apologies and sweet nothings. It pained him that he couldn't even do that. With a sigh, he retreated his arm and slouched in his chair, facing the chalkboard and ignoring your voice of happiness and slight pain. As for now, he’ll just have to wait until you’re alone so he can do what he always wanted.

“Alright brats, take your seat and prepare to take notes” Mr. Aizawa said in his usual tired and bored tone as he walked into the classroom. Everyone hurriedly went to their desks, not wanting to make their teacher angry so early in the morning. “Before we begin, I want to ask who the hell ruined the classroom last afternoon.” Sweat began to drop down Bakugou’s forehead as he pulled out his usual scowl to hide his guilt. The black haired teacher looked around the classroom before letting out a disappointed sigh, preparing his lecture. “Whatever, I’ll have someone clean it up later.”

Relieved with his answer, Bakugou sneaked a glance towards you, seeing how your face looked so calm and adorable. His eyes widened when he realized what he had thought about you. How come he is now thinking more into your appearance, he had never really noticed the small details. Maybe he really does love you, it’s weird thinking about how you looked ‘adorable’ all of a sudden, especially when he had just broken your arm the day before. Hopefully he could control these feelings until he can talk to you face to face.

I’m sorry, (Y/n)... I’ll make it up to you soon..