A U T H O R S N O T E

Hi guys. I want to talk to you all, so
‼️ please read everything ‼️

I've written and rewritten this author's note so many times, because I can't seem to get through it without getting emotional.

When I started planning for DOTD, way back during the end of 2020, I wasn't even sure if I was going to publish it. Most of my previous books were always left uncompleted, or didn't gain traction. I didn't really have confidence in my writing.

But things in my life started to whirl out of control, and I started to lean on my writing for comfort and distraction. These characters mean so much more to me than you'd think, because they were sort of there for me when nobody else was. Bringing this story to life in my drafts during a very rough spot in my life wasn't easy, but I did it. And after so much thought and hesitation, I felt like I should share this story, just in case someone else out there who needs a little comfort could find it in this book, the same way I did.

Even then, I never expected readers. So being here right now, so close to hitting one million reads, it doesn't even feel real. The love, enthusiasm and support you guys have given me throughout this book have been incredibly amazing and you have helped me through so much without even realising it.

I wrote this book to tackle a lot of things I felt needed more attention, recognition. The supportive friendships, the importance of family, overcoming your own demons, learning to grow after a rough spot in your life, to make mistakes and learn from them, to be kind no matter what. They're all portrayed the way they are for a reason, and seeing you guys telling me that these characters, their struggles and relationships have helped you navigate things in your own personal lives means so much to me, because that's exactly the kind of positive impact I wanted my characters and story to have.

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much. I appreciate every single one of you.  i couldn't have asked for better readers to share this journey with. ❤️

And hey, please don't remove this book from your library just yet, I might have some announcements *wink wink* to make in the coming months, so keep an eye out and make sure you have this book in your library so that you'll receive updates.

Incase you didn't see it yet, this book has been edited from start to finish. If you are planning to reread, you can do so now, because I've fixed pacings and even added a few extra scenes / changed some scenes :)

Make sure to remove the book from your library and re-add it so the updated version appears.  While rereading, please vote and comment if you haven't already. It would help loads! (don't post spoilers please!)

But before you go, I want you guys to leave a review for me in the comments. Even if it's a sentence or a whole paragraph, tell me why you liked this book and it's characters, your favourite quotes and scenes and why they're your favourite.

Has this book impacted you in any way, has its characters made you feel or see certain things? What does the story mean to you?

I want to hear all your thoughts, so please don't hold back and tell me everything. Even if you've been a ghost reader throughout, it would mean the world to me if you guys could tell me. 

I will be picking a few to add to the description of the book, but this is also for me to know if I've successfully made the mark I wanted to make with this book. Thanks, guys.

That's not it though, I have an exciting announcement ready for you guys right now, so keep scrolling to the next part!

All my love, Braeden.