Chapter 7

MIRABELLE'S POV

After we all sat down the aroma of food hits my nose and fills the air. But, instead of feeling hungry I felt nauseous since I'm not used to smelling a lot of different kinds of food and because I'm full since I don't eat much.

But,what gave me a more excuse not to eat was the food itself. Fish, I'm allergic to fish. It kills me. Even the smell is upsetting my stomach. The long, big dining table was filled with many different kinds of fish. With different types of salads and appetizers.

"Alright everyone, this our first dinner as whole family with our new member. Welcome to the family princess." Said Antonio and the others nodded in agreement. "Alright let's dig in." Everyone soon started plating their foods and chatting.

As everyone began eating and talking, I just stared at the empty plate in-front of me. I can't find it in me to tell them that I'm allergic, not that I'm hungry anyway. Even if I do tell them, they will be mad at me and hurt me even more than I already am.

Plus if I tell them,they're gonna throw the food away, then all their efforts and hard work will be gone to waste. Plus, their's a lot of people that are starving in the world, it would be a waste.

I was too lost in my thoughts to realize that all of them have stopped their talking and eating and are staring at me and my empty plate. "BELLE" . Yelled Gianni as I looked at him wide-eyed. Why is he yelling? "Are you okay? I've been calling your name for the past 10mins?" I looked away from him and looked at the others to find them staring at me in confusion except Alexander and Giovanni who were looking at me emotionlessly.

I cleared my throat and answered him. "Yes I'm fine were you saying something?" They all just continued looking at me until Antonio broke the tense atmosphere. "Yes princess I was asking why you were not eating? Do not like it? We can make something else for you." No I can't have them leave their dinner and make me something else.

"No no it's lovely am just not hungry" I said hoping not to make him mad. "Are you sure? I can tell their's something else." I was about to answer when I was cut off by Giovanni.

"What are you?one of those basic bitches that aren't
skinny enough? Fucking pathetic." He spat glaring at me. (No offense to anyone, this is just a story.)

Its not like I asked to be allergic or to be skinny. I was just a girl who had bad luck and was starved. I couldn't do anything about it even though I tried so many times.

Dad then glared at Giovanni and said in a calm and dangerous voice which made a shiver run down my spine. "You better watch your mouth Giovanni, this is your sister and you will respect her." I can't believe he came to my defense even though he met me a couple hours ago.

"She's not my sister and she will never will be. She's probably just a fucking gold digger that's after our money." He yelled making me flinch and cower away in fear.

Alexander suddenly slammed his hand on the table making us all except Antonio flinch. He slowly stood up and said dangerously "You better sit down and apologize to your sister right now or so help me god Giovanni."

I saw Giovanni shiver and sit down looking at the floor. Oh my god now they're gonna punish him and hurt him and its all my fault. I didn't wanna get him in trouble. This is all my fault. This is all my fault.

"Belle I'm sorry about him and none of what he said is true ok? None of it. We already love and adore you and nothing is gonna change that. Ok?" Said Antonio looking at me straight in the eye. Almost like he's telling me that none of the things are really true.