CHAPTER 51

Analise's POV

The forest was eerily calm, the trees immobile, the animals quiet and even the moon and stars his behind the clouds in the night sky. Despite the tranquillity covering the entire forest and little to no breeze, it was not calm or peaceful. The serenity that was usually present in quiet places did not exist.

Only danger existed.

Danger that lurked in every corner, in the form of leaves, birds, owls, wolves and other living things. It was prominent enough to make any wise man run the other way.

Though, in the midst of the numerous trees walked a group of species no one imagined to have ever seen together- Vampires and Werewolves, accompanied by the Griffins. No one thought it would be possible to see the vampires and werewolves together with no bloodshed, let alone an alliance about to formed.

Yet, their drive for power and revenge was strong. Too strong.

Their thirst for blood was too strong, blinding them.

As King Gabriel followed the vampires in front of him through the unknown forest, he could not help his thoughts from wandering back to what happened. How he was humiliated in front of the others in his own palace.

He wanted nothing but vengeance and did not care to what lengths he needed to go to achieve it. He did not care who died or who survived. He did not care he go his vengeance. He wanted it. He wanted revenge along with the blood of no one other than Alexander and Analise, his own daughter.

Similar thoughts occupied the mind of his family as they followed him. Different emotions played in everyone's head at the thoughts of the embarrassment they faced. Some were jealous of the title others were about to gain. Some were envious of the life others were about to have. Some were angry for how the way in which they were treated. How they were disrespected by others. Others were not over the fact that they lost to those they underestimated. They did not want to accept that the person who they hated had finally found people who supported her.

They were blinded. Their minds were clouded with fury. Their hate towards others formed a blindfold around their eyes. Their jealousy was the root of all hateful ideas popping in their mind. They could not see the reality.

The reality of how wrong they were.

They eventually reached a river in the middle of the forest. They were confused about their surroundings but then from the other side of the river, more vampires emerged from between the trees. Not long after, a bridge appeared over the river.

The vampires urged the werewolves and griffins to cross the river. Once on the other side, they were guided towards the castle that was nestled in between dense, tall trees. Many vampires were outside, sparring and fighting.

They entered the castle and were greeted by a tall, well built man with eyes darker than the night sky. "The king is waiting for you." His gruff voice carried in the silent night.

He led the group further in the castle, opening the doors and allowing only King Gabriel and his family along with King Leon to enter the room. The room was different from the usual meeting room the werewolves were used to.

Instead of one big table in the middle of the room, there were long tables arranged in rows. Chairs were arranged neatly, facing the front where on an elevated podium was situated a big throne with two smaller throne on each side.

While the smaller thrones were vacant, the middle one was already occupied by none other than King Knox who looked at his visitors with a gleam of wickedness in his eyes. Two guards stood at his side, alert while two others stood on the steps leading to the throne.