1. How The Big Adventure Started

Jules and I sat outside the winter dance talking about how much we would like to leave this town and all of its problems, how badly we would like to burn it to the ground. "Let's get the fuck out of here." I said. Jules looked at me in awe. "Come on." I said motioning with my head while flashing a smile. I started jogging towards my bike and Jules giggled and ran after me. We ran over to our bikes and started riding them to Jules' house, we giggled as we looked over to the streets for the last time ever.

We snuck into Jules' house and Jules started rummaging through her clothes and threw some of them into a big duffel bag. "Jules?" Jules looked over at me. "This is a bad idea..." Jules looked at me with a worried expression on her face. "No." she said and then kissed me passionately. I gall back onto the bed and she falls with me, after a few seconds she gets off of me and she starts gathering her clothes. "What the fuck?" I whispered with my hands over my face.

We get to the train station and Jules buys our tickets, she turns around and smiles at me. I stand in the corner of the train station with a worried look on my face. Jules walks past me and I follow behind her, keep looking over at her as she hurriedly walks off to see if she has any signs of doubt in her facial expressions.

"You know I just realized that I didn't bring my medication." I say hoping it'll change her mind. "Don't worry, we can get medication like...everywhere." she replies. "Yeah but I don't think I can like, miss a day...yaknow?" I said back to her. "Rue. We'll figure it out, I promise." she said back at me and she starts dragging me behind her towards the train. I keep looking over at her, hoping that she'll change her mind.

"Jules, I don't- I don't think this is a good idea." I said trying to change her mind. "Rue, it was YOUR idea." she said giggling. "I know it was my idea but I don't think it's a good idea anymore, so I just wanted to tell you." I said worried as we get closer to the door of the train. "It's a fucking great idea." she reassured me. "Can you slow down? Because I'm thinking, yaknow my mom, I don't want her to fucking freak out. Alright? I don't want-" she cuts me off. "Rue. It's not that far and like, we're good, we can call." I start thinking of more excuses. "Okay but what am I gonna tell Gia though? Yaknow like, she's gonna wake up in the fucking morning and think I'm missing..." Jules steps onto the train holding my hand. "We're good." she repeats with a smile. "Come on, it's gonna be amazing." she adds. I think about it for a few seconds and I get on the train with her.

We pick a seat at the back of the train as it starts moving. "I can't believe you talked me into this..." I said, looking at the floor. She lifts my face so that I can look at her. "I didn't talk you into anything. You know that you have to leave so you came with me." I nodded with a tear flowing down my cheek. She wipes her thumb over my cheek, catching my tear before it could fall. "This is gonna be great for us. I love you." she said before kissing me. I pull away. "I love you too." I say and then rest my head on her shoulder. Ali Gatie's "it's you" starts playing on the speaker above us and I start drifting off to sleep with my head on the shoulder of the girl I love most.

Hey guysss. I know this chapter is short but I really hope you guys enjoy this and I hope you guys stick around to the end.

Much love,
ike🌻