Chapter 26: Young miss.

Kein's POV

"Young miss, welcome home."

I stood frozen in place when all they welcomed me 'home', what is this farce? Is this a dream? No, I should be sane enough to know that this is not a dream, this is a nightmare.

The maids, butlers, and even the head maid- that maid who gave me severe punishments all the time- making me lift my pants showing my legs only for her to hit me with a thin stick.

Don't think I forgot all that. It was hard to forget.

The maids, the other butlers who did nothing when Madelyn harassed and bullied me to the point it left scars on my body.

She burned my wrist, she burned my back, and heck she hurt me more times than I could count. Her little sidekick Maddie was just supporting her all the way.

Dottie was the only maid who actually cared for me. Even if she followed Madelyn all around- she tried giving me first aid and tried stopping them. I looked around in confusion not knowing what to reply.

The sudden change of demeanor was expected but still I was surprised that even Madelyn would stoop this low as well.

She looks like she's definitely forcing herself to bow down to me.

I bit my lip, feeling awkward for all of them, "You guys don't have to do this, you know. Don't think I haven't forgotten." I told them and their body stiffened for a moment before getting back to their work.

I was left alone in the center of the corridor with myself to think, this is definitely some devil's work and I know who's work it might be.

"My~! Welcome home dearest niece of mine!" I looked behind me and saw Aunt Haren opening her arms towards me motioning for a hug.

Every staff member decided to leave after seeing the Viscountess. My aunt.

The devil spoke but I know that she's not behind all this. Aunt Haren is the least of all people that would agree to be this kind to me.

She tries to get close, wanting to get me into a hug.

I quickly dodge her attempt of some heart warming moment of a hug and glared at her. "I'm back, old hag."

"O-Old hag? My! I'm your aunt, you know. How have you been after your trip? I'm glad you came home safely." (Aunt Haren) muttered trying to sound so sweet but I could only hear the desperation of trying. I rolled my eyes, I don't have time to be sweet to people who clearly had a 180 degree turn of personality.

"Aunt Haren, pardon me but this new personality doesn't suit you. I prefer your original one where you're not forcing yourself to stoop to this level. We both know what this is all about." I crossed my arms as I waited for her to finally get her real personality back. "No need for all this act."

She sighs and gives me the most cockiest grin I've dealt with all these months, "You were never a fool like your father. You are definitely my sister's child." (Aunt Haren) laughed while keeping her gaze on mine, the same blue eyes like mine but it was darker pierces through me.

Kein's parents. This is the first I'm hearing of it other than the diary. I clutched my ring, maybe I can squeeze some more out of her about Kein's parents. "Let me guess, my mother were definitely the smart one out of the two of you."