Chapter 36

12:30pm Tuesday (Location-Unknown)

I had been laughing like a maniac for the past 15 minutes, while these two stood before me. In all honestly this situation was pretty fucking funny. It was simultaneously the most and least expected thing ever.

"Are you done?" The bitch asked exasperated.

Finally sobering up I faced her with an amused smile still on my face, "Ok, I'm done Zia." Zia Rosa, the one aunt trusted the most by my brothers, my father's biological sister. As it turns out this bitch has been working with the Russian mafia for a long damn time. Two faced duplicitous bitch.
(Aunt)

Beside her is the leader of the mafia, Alexie Sokolov. The man who has been hurting my family all this time. Rosa is stuck to him like a piece of gum, clinging on to his arm and whispering into his ear, barely talking out loud.

The classic example of a rich man tricking a woman to fall for him and turning her against everyone, still doesn't mean that in not gonna be angry with her, in fact if my hands were free I would have punched her right now.

"Look cara, I know you may hate us but this needs to happen, for your brothers to understand. This empire that Xavier believes he can lead has never been his in the first place, and trust if there was another way to make him understand I would choose that in a heartbeat but this is the only thing that made sense." Her voice is soft, like she is coaxing me into believing her. I lean forward in my seat, as much I can. Looking her dead in the eyes I spit on the ground, showing her the worth of her empty words.

Not a second later Sokolov steps forward, slapping me and square across the face. My head whips to the side, the sting of his hand still on my cheek. For some reason my grin returns as I turn back to them challengingly. This was strangely fun.
(Dear)

3:30pm (Marino house)
Third person POV

After a whole night spent searching their general vicinity the brothers returned home to look at other places their sister might be. All five of them, along with Eren and Ace, were gathered around Xavier's office. Humped over their own devices, or talking over the phone with their employees.

They were hopeful, they were gonna find Kate. And besides that everyone knew how strong Kate was, they had faith that she would survive whatever those Bastards threw her way.

5:30pm Wednesday(Russian warehouse)
Kate's POV

One whole day of punches, kicks, burning knives slicing into my skin as I screamed, but never for them to stop. No. Begging them to stop would be accepting defeat, and there is no way in hell I'm letting that happen. I'd rather die than let them feel the pleasure of knowing that they broke me.

I was left alone for about four hours during which I was passed out. I was woken up by a splash of freezing cold water and judging by the intense stinging in my cuts I'm guessing it was salt water.