Chapter 3

Fast forward 20/05/2008

          "Are you okay there, love?"

          The smirk he had on his face and the sarcastic tone of his voice made me want to slaughter him right there and then. Blowing my nose, I glared at him. "I'm brilliant, thank you very much." I tossed the used tissue into the basket and took a few more pieces. "Crying is good for the eyes. You should try it."

           "No, thank you. My manliness is important to maintain my reputation as your lover."

           "Ew, no. Please, never refer to yourself as my lover ever again." He raised an eyebrow, taunting me. "It's disgusting."

          But he only chuckled and snuggled closer and nuzzled his face to the back of my neck. We are watching The Notebook at the moment. I know, very cliché. Sure, he calls himself manly but he's really just a wimp on the inside. I swear, when we watched this movie on our first date, he weep like there was no tomorrow. He decided that for our first anniversary together, we'd watch the same movie and did the same things.

          "Oh, don't look at me like that," he said when I grimaced at his plans. "It's romantic how I remembered every single detail of our first date."

           "No, it is not. If that's what men categorizes as romantic, then the hope in men will be no more."

           As the movie was about to come to an end, my crying eventually became soft sobs, barely audible in the living room. Now, I'm not exaggerating but that was probably my third box of tissue because of that damn movie. Like, I know what happens next and everything, but it gets me, E-V-E-R-Y-T-I-M-E. That's strange...

          I was a little unsure about what was going on because the next thing I know, he's looking down at me with those perfect, mesmerizing, strong grey eyes, as if I were the most beautiful thing in the world. "What?" I barely whispered. He gently held my chin and tilted my head upwards so that his lips brushed against mine. "What..." I breathe out.

          See, here's the thing...

           He always does these little intimate things to get me into the mood to agree to anything he asks. Once, he caressed my inner thigh just to convince me to go on a roller coaster with him. He had that mischievous look in his eyes, but this time, I could tell he was being very serious.

           "Baby," he said.

           "Yes?"

           He leaned in closer and I shut my eyes.

           "Love."

           I moaned. "Yes...?"

          He reaches for my cheek and traces the outlines of my lips with his thumb. "Princess."

          "Mm?"

          He lifts me up and re-positions me so that I was now straddling his waist. He tucked the loose strands of my hair to the back of my ear and twirled at the end of it. "What is it?" I ask. He held my gaze and his pupils dilated. My cheeks flushed crimson red but with all my strength, I lifted up both my arms and placed both of my hands in his beautiful wavy hair.

          And for the millionth time, he looked at me as if I was the fucking Mona Lisa. "I love you," he says, "and I wouldn't want anybody else but you."

          "Yeah?" I smirked.

          "Positive."

          "You better be."