The Lies

"What are your talents, Lisa?" the man asked, not bothering to look up from his clipboard.

     "Acting and singing, sir." I answered, almost immediately.

     I took a deep breath. My nerves were getting to me. I needed to be calm, otherwise, how else was I going to get this job? And I really needed it.

     He nodded. Again, not bothering to look up at my face. "Any other languages you speak?"

     "No, sir. Just English."

     "Age? Birthday? Current grades?"

     "Fifteen, born on November thirteenth, and all A's."

     He wrote down all of the information I just gave him. Finally, he looked up at me, for the first time. I smiled, hoping to show off my amazing smile.

     He only nodded, and went back to writing on his clipboard. I looked around, for what seemed to be the hundredth time.

     The walls were white, and the floor was covered with a dark brown wood. There wasn't much in here. A window was open, giving a great view of the Hollywood sign, and the back door open, showing a breath taking site of L.A. There was a black bookshelf, covered with fashion magazines, and a black leather couch on the further side of the wall. He sat on a black rolling chair, and the desk was covered with applications from many other people trying out.

     He cleared his throat. "Lisa, how long are you staying in L.A.?" He asked, startling me.

     "I'm staying until the end of the day. After this, I'm probably just going to go home."

     He nodded. "Alright, Lisa. You may go. We'll call you as soon as we are ready for the official meeting. There's too many people right now to have it right now."

     I nodded. "K. Thank you, sir." I turned and left.

     I held my breath while walking away. I let out my breath as soon as I was out. Thank god that was over! My mom was the first one to greet me.

     'How did it go sweetie? Did he like you? What did he say? Oh my gosh. Was he rude to you?" She asked, piling on more questions as we tried to make our way out of the crowded rooms.

     "Mom, calm down. I'm fine. I'll tell you while we are on our drive home, k?" I reassured.

     She sighed. "Alright. And by the way, we are going to make a quick stop somewhere. I'm sure you'll like it."

      I nodded, knowing not to ask. She wouldn't tell me anyways. She'll just tell me that it's a surprise. But I always loved her surprises.

     "Athena?" I felt a tug from the bottom of my shirt.

     I looked down. "Yea, George? What you need?"I asked my little brother.

     "Where's mommy taking us? She won't tell me." He whispered.

     I laughed, and picked him up. "Don't worry." I lowered my voice to a whisper. "It's a surprise."

     "So hush hush?" He put a finger over his mouth, emphasising being quiet.

     "Yep. Very hush hush!" I laughed more.

     We finally made our way to the stairs, and I felt like I could finally breath. That room was really stuffy, with all the parents and children. 

     As soon as I got in the car, I got a call from my best friend, Aimée.

     "Darling! I was just about to call you! How are on this fine day?" I said, obviously mocking the "fancy" talk.

     She laughed. "I'm just amazing. And you?" She mocked back, her french accent making it sound believable.

      "Oh, I'm doing just great! Have you ever seen L.A.? It's just beautiful over here! Especially the Hollywood sign." I sighed. "I should have my jet ready for you, and then you can come."  I teased.

     "A jet! How wonderful! Now, when did you get this jet?"

     "Since never!" I replied in a cheery voice, and we both laughed.

     "So, how did the meeting go? Did you get the job? Tell me everything!"

     "It was...okay, I guess. He asked me my age, grades, talents, and whatlanguages I spoke. And, I don't know yet. He said that wasn't the real meeting, that there was too many people to have it right now. And that's about it." I shrugged.

     "That's it?" She replied in a surprised tone. "Wow...You went all the way over there, to be asked that? Well, that seemed pretty pointless."

     I sighed. "I know. I feel that was right now. I just really hope I get the job."

     "Yeah. Me too. But, I'm sure you'll get it. You're the best singer and actress I know! They would be crazy  not to pick you!" She reassured.

      "Thanks Aimée. You always know what to say." The car was coming to a stop. "Anyway, I gotta go right now. I'll text you on the ride home, k?"

     "K. Bye Lisa! Je t'aime!"

     I laughed. "Je t'aime." I ended the call, and my phone light up with my wallpaper.

     The wallpaper was of me and Aimée making a failed attempt at a hand heart. I smiled.

     I looked out my window, and we were at a beach. I instantly hopped out of the car, and ran down the beach. The cool wind blowing in my face and through my hair. Soon after, my brother caught up to me. I picked him up, and swung him around. He laughed with every swing.

Well, I hope you guys like this story!(: I know, this is really short...I had more planned out for this chapter, but I got stuck..>_< lol. Anyway, please comment!!(: