58. Training

George POV

"You're gonna kill them!", I said when we were driving to the school on the next day.
"George, I've never played rugby in my whole life. I have to learn it first", Clay giggled.
"And then you're gonna kill them!", I said again excited.
"Gosh, you're so cute", he laughed again while patting my head.

We arrived at school and Alex stood at the entrance with Nick and Karl talking. I gave him a suspicious look with a smile as we approached them.
"You three? So you're good with each other now too?", Clay looked confused at them.
"I always liked Alex", Nick said, "Let's just see him as one of us now and when he really is, we could hang out with him."
Alex gave me a happy smile while raising his thumbs awkwardly.
"Alex is pog", we eventually heard from Karl.
"Thanks mate", Alex leaned his arm on Karl's shoulder. (!In this ff Quackity is taller than Karl, actually everyone from CG should be represented as tall, even if they're not irl!)

"Hey Alex, Rugby after school, right?", Clay looked at him with raised eyebrows.
"Yup", Alex pressed his lips together.
"Alright, see ya then", Clay put his arm around my shoulders and dragged me with him inside. I turned my head back to Alex and nodded at him for a bye. He nodded back and made his way to class too, followed by Karl and Nick.

Class went normally like every day and extremely boring. When finally the bell rang, I got excited to see Clay's training. He had made it clear in advance that I could watch.
"Come, to the gym", Clay waved his hand in his direction.
"What? I thought you'd play rugby outside?", I gave him a confused look.
"Of course", Clay laughed, "but I have to change to sportswear."
"Ouh, right", I laughed awkwardly and followed him.

When we arrived at the sports hall, we saw the doors open. We entered the hall and went into the changing room. Clay put his stuff on the bench and put my backpack down as well. Then he began to undress and I watched him gaping.
"You just can't stop, can you?", Clay tilted his head while he was half naked. I rolled my eyes with a small smile and got slightly red.
"No?", I eventually said with a provoking smirk shrugging my shoulders.

With a cute giggle he continued changing clothes and when he was finished, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, I wrapped my arm around his back and we went back outside. We went to the huge sports field behind the sports hall, where several guys and a sports teacher were already standing. As the teacher noticed us, he waved to us and then waved us over to them. We walked over, arm in arm, and I held tight on Clay while the looks of the guys flew over us. They didn't look at us in disgust or made repulsive gestures. Didn't they know us? We had been the mockery of the school since the kiss, even if fewer and fewer people were against us now.

"Hello Clay!", the trainer greeted, "Boys, that's Clay, our new crewmate!"
Clay nodded to them and they nodded back. Not gonna lie, they all were pretty muscular and most of them also really good looking, but no one could compare to Clay. Never.
"Also", the trainer eventually went on, "hello.....", he looked thinking at me, "George?"

I nodded with my lips pressed together.
"He will watch us while our training", he announced to the other guys. Surprisingly, they all smiled at me and I smiled back in response. I saw one guy looking one of us up and down, I couldn't say who, but also didn't mind it anymore.

"Ah, there he finally is!", the trainer said while pointing behind us. Clay and I turned around and saw Alex running towards us, completely out of breath.
"Sorry", he breathed loudly, "I couldn't find it at first."
"You couldn't find the huge gym and the huge area behind it?", I raised my eyebrows at him.
"Shut up, I'm dumb!", he huffed at me.
"That's Alex, also a new mate", the trainer announced.

The guys that were already there weren't really much, at least not enough, they were 10. For a rugby team you need 15 Players. With Clay and Alex they were 12 now.
"Alright, with 12 Players we at least can do good training. 6 vs. 6. For a play we're still too few, but we have to work with that for now", the trainer went on.
"So, Clay and Alex", he eventually said, "Did you ever play rugby before?"
Both of them shook their head.
"Okay, then we'll teach you....", he looked over the other guys, "You guys split in two halves and each half grabs one boy and....just show them the basics. We'll show them more later in real training."

5 of them approached us and the other 5 approached Alex. Then we walked a few meters away with them. One of them had a rugby ball with him. They started explaining little things while Clay and I didn't let go. Eventually when they showed him how to throw the ball, he had to let go of me. I stood next to them when they explained his position to Clay and he followed their instructions. The guy who had looked one of us up and down earlier went closer to Clay and took him by the waist while he turned him a little and explained how to do it properly. To be honest, that made me a bit restless, but everything was fine, wasn't it?

"Hey George!", the trainer eventually yelled over to me, "Come here!"
I looked from him back to Clay real quick before running towards the trainer.
"You wanna be my little helper?", he leaned down to me.
"Yeah, I can do that....eum, and what should I do?", I asked.
"First of all, if some of them is thirsty, bring them a water bottle. Then, you could ....", he told me some things how I could help. None of them was a big deal and I was happy about it that I could do something too.

About 15 minutes passed and the boys had explained a few basics to Clay and Alex. Clay walked with a broad smile towards me who was standing with the trainer with a water bottle in my hand that I had filled a few minutes ago.
"Oh, hello water boy", Clay giggled.
"Shut up", I smiled.
"You're the little helper now, right?", he smirked at me, wrapping his hands around my waist.
"Mhm, and you? You're the beginner?", I raised one eyebrow while standing on my tiptoes to lean up to him.
"Ouh Georgie, you know, you're boyfriend is a really good beginner. They told me I was doing it perfectly for the first time", he smirked at me before leaning down too and giving me a soft kiss onto the lips.
"Then let's see what you got, huh?", I whispered when we had pulled away.

_____________________________________________________

~1.194 words~