Chapter 16: Unexpected Kisses

"This feels like home." the words left my mouth before I could stop them.

Shít, shít, shít Avery what did you just do?!

I couldn't believe that I actually said the words aloud.

He seemed to stiffen a bit before he relaxed and hugged me back impossibly tighter.

I let out a relieved sigh.

"We have to talk this through, Avery. This is my child too, please don't make rash decisions without taking my words in consideration." he spoke calmly. I knew he felt at a cross roads, but so did I.

I'm too young to be a mom.

I can't bring a child into this world, they deserve a better life than the one I can offer. But, it hurts as well to think of getting rid of my little girl or boy.

I just wish I could rewind the tape and prevent this from ever happening.

Then something crossed my mind.

"Wait," I spoke up. Nathaniel stepped back a bit to look at me. "Didn't we use protection? How--why..." I was at a loss for words.

"It can still happen, Avery." he spoke gently.

"I know, I just mean...what are the odds..." I looked away feeling a wave of sadness hit me.

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't want this to happen either." he whispered soothingly to me.

My heart rate sped up.

He called me, 'baby'. It warmed my insides. It sent a shiver down my back. I know it wasn't the first time, but hearing the word leave his lips...it just sounded perfect. Like the word was made for his lips alone to say.

I looked back at him and he looked at me cautiously. I so badly wanted to just kiss his lips. They looked so inviting.

I've missed your kisses, I thought to myself.

His facial expression changed. I couldn't exactly decipher it and I didn't understand why.

Then I realized.

"Shít, did I say that out loud?" My cheeks were heating up and I wanted nothing else than to go hide under my covers.

He nodded after a while, and then I heard him gulp. I finally built the courage to look back up at him.

Boy, was I surprised at what I saw. His eyes had darkened. Definitely not the reaction I thought I would get from him.

I looked away once more.

I got out of his embrace and decided I had to change the subject to hopefully remove the now present tension.

However, he grabbed my waist and brought me towards his chest again.

"Avery," he whispered huskily. I looked up into his eyes, however he wasn't looking at my eyes. He was looking at my lips instead.

Please kiss me, I wanted to say to him. But I kept it to myself.

No, Avery you can't do this, not right now! My conscious screamed at me.

Why do you have to ruin everything for me?! I spoke back in my head.

Am I really have an argument with myself in my head when Nathaniel's lips are an inch away and just asking to be kissed?

My conscious was right however I had to stop this, or else this might get too far. My parents could walk in at any given moment and that was something I never wanted my parents to see. Them coming home only to see me having an extreme make out session on the living room couch with the guy that just so happened to knock me up.