11

Dario

Ugh I can't sleep.

I tap my phone screen "05:33" It's still so early, my eyes want to sleep but my head won't cooperate because it's pounding.

I get out of bed and walk out the door. My plan was to walk to the kitchen but that changed when I saw Catalina sitting by the window.

Why is she still awake? Could she not sleep either, or did she not go to sleep?

"Shouldn't you be in bed." I frown, She turns and her gaze goes to my abs because I'm only wearing sweatpants. "Eyes are up here." I smirk at her.

She rolls her eyes "I wanted to watch the sunrise." She looked out the window again, I want to ask why she didn't sit outside but then I notice it's raining.

My eyes scan her body, she is wearing satin shorts and a matching t-shirt.

She is looking damn sexy right now.

"You're drunk." She shakes her head with a smile on it.

Shit

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes you did"

"You're scary" Can she read my mind or something?

"Tonight was fun" She said breaking the silence.

I take a seat next to her on the couch, "Just so you know, I would have broken that guy's neck but I saw you didn't want drama so I didn't."

She leans her head on my arm "Thank you" She smiles.

God she has this incredible way of making my heart happy,

I get lost in my thoughts as the rain patters against the window.

I think a lot of people don't understand what real romance is.

I mean anyone can buy flowers, candy and jewelry, there's no love in that. The truly romantic things in life are those little thing you do every day to show you care, and that you're thinking of them.

It's going out of your way to make them happy. The way you hold her hand when you know she's scared, or you save the last piece of cake for her. The random text in the middle of the day, just to say "I love you" or "I miss you" The way he stops to kiss you when he passes by. It's dedicating her favorite song to her, and letting her eat your fries; telling her she's beautiful, even when she's in her sweats. With her hair in a ponytail and no makeup. It's putting your favorite show on pause so she can tell you about her day.

And laughing at her jokes, even the really lame ones. It's slow dancing in the kitchen and kissing in the rain. Romance isn't about buying, it's about giving.

True romance is in the gestures.

Sometimes I hope I can experience real romance. Sure I've had relationships but as you can see none have worked yet. Most were after my money.

"Who called you yesterday?" I tilt my head to my arm where she lays.

We all noticed something was wrong with that phone call. The way she sat back at the table and forced her smile, Her eyes still slightly red from crying. We hadn't asked about it because she probably didn't want to talk about it. But the question still haunts my mind.

"My ex" she said sleepily. She sat up gently.

"Your ex?"

"Yes"

She's lying, her eye twitched and she always does that when lying.

"Well no, we didn't date. Technically he wasn't an ex-boyfriend. But he was an ex-something, an ex-maybe. An ex-almost" She rattled.