35

2 weeks later

"Can you believe we start college next week?" Arielle asked. She was laying on my chest on her couch. "That's so soon." I said. She didn't reply and I continued staring at the ceiling. Megan was leaving in two days and I still had to decide what I was going to do.

"Are you okay? You seem different today." she asked. "Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind." I said. "About what?" She asked as she grabbed my hand. "College." I lied. I don't know what I was going to do. If I don't go I never meet my child, if I do go I lose Arielle.

"You know you can talk to me." Arielle said sitting up, looking at me. "Yeah I know." I said. "Cameron what's bothering you?"

"I don't know." I said. "Just tell me. I know there's something. Is it me?" She asked. "No, not you. Just the baby." I shrugged. "Oh, hows Megan doing?" She asked. "Good. She has a doctors appointment coming up." I said.

"Oh." she said. I nodded and looked down at my hands. "Is it because of what you asked me a couple weeks ago?" She asked. I thought back to that night and sighed. I shouldn't have put her in that position. "No, really. Its not you." I said.

"I'm just worried. You look... almost sick. Like something's bugging you." she sighed. "I love you." I said. "I love you too."

--

"Cameron you need to tell her. You can't keep lying." my mom sighed. "I know. I just can't leave her. I need her mom." I said. "And that baby needs you. Its your decision." my mom said.

This was a hard decision. I picked up my phone and called Arielle. I told her to meet me at our spot on the beach in 10 minutes. She showed up smiling.

"Hi." she smiled kissing me. "Hi." I grinned. "Whats up?" She asked as we sat down. "I need to talk to you." I said. She didn't reply and I knew she was scared of what I was going to say. I was scared too.

"Arielle that night I asked you to marry me I had gone to dinner with Megan. She told me that she was moving to Florida and if I don't go I wouldn't be in my child's life. I can't be like my dad." I sighed. She kept her eyes locked on the ocean. "Arielle I can't leave you behind. I love you. I've never loved anyone until I met you. I hope you understand that." I said as tears brimmed my eyes.

"Please don't cry." she choked. "Arielle come with me. I can't stay, but I can't leave you." I said as tears slid down my face. "Cameron, I can't." she said crying. "That's too much. I have college, family, everything. I can't leave." she said crying. "Marry me then."

"Cameron this is so sudden. I don't know." she said wiping her tears. "I love you." I said hugging her. "And I love you."

------

wow I'm sad :(

this was hard af to write I want them together but yanno

where are you guys from? I'm from the U.S. (: