TWELVE ; EAGELS

¤¤¤

¤¤¤

The Orcs began to move in on Bilbo to fill Azog's demand.

That's when something snapped within Magauna. All of her fear of the Orcs vanished, and she hauled herself to her feet, pulling Algar from it's sheath, and started running down the tree, ignoring the dwarves calling her back.

Just as an Orc was about to bring his sword down on Bilbo, Magauna jumped in between them, and blocked the blade.

The Orc gave a look of shock at what shs did, then he growled tried to attack Magauna. The Half-Elf easily overpowered him, knocking his weapon away. She held her sword to his throat, glaring harshly at him.

"Not my Hobbit." She growled, and with one swift motion, she beheaded the Orc.

It was then that several of the dwarves dropped down from the tree and joined in on the battle to kill the Orcs.

Magauna pulled her old sword from it's sheath to match with Algar, and started to run after a Warg who was heading towards her. She swiped one of her swords at the beast's face, making a long scratch across the bridge of it's snout. This angered the Warg, and it growled, leaping at her. Caught off guard by it's movements, Magauna fell to the ground back-first as she was tackled. Her old sword fell out of her hand, leaving her to cling loosely to Algar.

The Warg planted its giant, heavy paws on Magauna's chest, holding her down and constricting the air she desperately drew into her lungs. The pressure choked the Half-Elf, and she scrambled to push the paws off of her chest, letting go of Algar to do so. She let out a painful gasp as the Warg sunk it's sharp claws into her skin. The Warg lowered it's ugly face just inches above Magauna's, and opened it's mouth, snarling, showing the rows of yellowing, razor sharp teeth.

Magauna knew what was coming next, and she instinctively threw her forearm over her face just as the Warg lunged forward and bit down, clamping it's teeth around her arm instead of her face. She let out a scream of pain, and tried desperately to free her arm from the Warg's jaws by pulling. The creature only tightened it's grip on her and worsened the wound. Trying her best to ignore the agonizing pain shooting up her nerves, Magauna planted her feet on the Warg's chest, and kicked as harshly as she could, pulling her arm with the same force.

The Warg was launched back, his hold on Magauna's arm breaking, but not before she heard a heart-stopping snap.

She let out another groan of pain as her arm throbbed. At first, she thought her arm had broken, but when she looked down, and wiped away the dripping blood, she saw a cracked, off-white tooth sticking painfully from her flesh.

Magauna stared in disbelief, and looked back up at the Warg that'd attacked her. It had been whimpering and snarling the whole time. Magauna noticed the dark blood that dripped from it's lips, and as it snarled, she could make out the newly empty gap where a tooth had once been.