Chapter 24: second form

Yes, double upload. You guys are lucky.
_________________________________________
George POV.

In a moment the creature had made his way over to me and stared down at me, eyes glinting cruelly. He pinned me down and dug his claws into my shoulder causing me to give a weak screech in pain.

“Georgie, wake up!” I jolted up with a start and saw Dream looking down at me with a hand resting gently on my shoulder.
My body was tense and shaking slightly and tears were rolling down my cheek. “Are you okay?” he asked in a gentle voice, pulling me in for a hug as the apple and cinnamon scent began surrounding me.

I shook my head, tears making my eyes glisten as the demon pulled me onto his lap and allowed me to continue crying as he rubbed small circles over my back. “Was it a bad dream?” the demon asked, his green eyes glowing softly with worry.
I nodded, my head was buried in his chest and soaking his shirt with tears which were beginning to dry out as I slowly started to calm down.

“What was it about?” he asked, laying down so I was resting on his chest.
“It was about you…” I felt the demon tense up, “what happened?”
“Well… you were chasing me and Karl and Darryl, and Fundy was also there… you killed Fundy in front of me… and then were going to kill me.”
Tears began pricking in the corner of my eyes again and Dream’s arms tightened around me.

Dream seemed unsure of what to do but eventually just mumbled out an “I’m sorry if I scared you in the dream. But I swear that I will never hurt you, I care about you too much, you’re my human.”
“I know… but seeing you do that to Fundy and then me…”
The blond demon began shushing me again and kissed my forehead. “You’re my human and if anyone hurts you I will not hesitate to hurt them back okay?”

“B-but..” I took a tentative breath… “what if… what if you hurt me?”
“I would never hurt you George.” the demon reassured me, nuzzling his head against the side of my neck again.
“What about the other you?” I asked, refusing to meet his eyes.
“The other me?” Dream raised an eyebrow as he grabbed my chin and brought my eyes back to meet his.
“The scary one… how do you know that he won’t attack me?”

The blond paused for a moment, it was awkward, our eyes were staring into the others but it seemed like he was looking past me, or through me. Eventually he seemed to focus again and gave a nod, “of course he won’t attack you…”
“How do you know that?”

I looked away from him for a moment but then looked back to him when I felt a jolt from underneath me. My eyes snapped back and instead of seeing the blond demon in his human form he was looking different. Taller, skin now black and made of thick leather, and long fangs and claws replaced his human hands and mouth. But his eyes stayed the same, emerald green which glowed softly.

Immediately I backed up, worried that what had happened in my dream would happen now and it caused the demon to whine slightly. He did however allow me to move and just watched silently, his head tilted to the side and he seemed slightly sad.

After a moment of silence nothing happened and the two of us just looked at each other, eventually he started inching forward until we were centimeters apart. I knew that I couldn’t move any further back without falling off the bed but it didn’t seem like the demon would be moving. Tentatively I reached my hand up and cupped the side of his face, wanting to see if he would do anything.

Dream stayed still letting me cup his face, our eyes just staying focused on each other as he let out a quiet purr.

Dream POV,

“Of course he won’t attack you…” I promised the small brunette human on my lap.
“How do you know that?”
Well because I would never hurt you… I didn't say anything, but slowly I shifted into my demon form, wanting to show my human that I would never hurt him but it caused him to flinch and shuffle back.

I let out a whine… ‘don’t worry George I won’t ever hurt you.’ He couldn't understand me… humans can’t understand demons in their second forms even though we can understand each other

My head tilted to the side when George finally stopped moving and he let out several short shaky breaths. I moved forward slowly until our faces were inches away from each other. After a few moments that felt more like hours which made my anxiety spike, the brunette slowly moved his hand up to cup the side of my face.

It was an awkward position but I stayed there, not wanting to move suddenly and scare the human. Instead I let out a small purr, which seemed to make the human let out a small giggle as he smiled. When he did that I gave a small smile back and leaned into his hand. George flinched for a moment but allowed me to do it. ‘See… I would never hurt you.’

My eyes were shut and when I opened them I stared into George’s wide brown doe eyes. Without moving away from his hand I shifted back to my human form. “See George, I’d never hurt you, in a human form or any other form… okay?”
The brunette nodded and I moved my arms to wrap around him and moved him over so he was back under the covers of the bed.

“Now that that’s out of the way are you fine with going back to sleep?” I asked the human as I stood over him.
The brunette nodded and rolled over, now looking extremely tired. “Goodnight Georgie.”
Before I could leave the human grabbed my hand and his eyes stared up into mine. “Please stay, you might be able to help me.” He mumbled and I gave a small smile.

I’d barely laid down in the bed when George climbed onto me, and it caused me to chuckle. The human buried his head on my chest and I released a quiet purr as he drifted off to sleep.
_________________________________________
1078 words.