⋙7⋘

Orlok's eye widened as he stare back to his now empty hand, seeing the book has vanished. "The vampire attacks sowing chaos throughout Paris are the work of a curse-bearers, are they not?" he question as he look at the count. 

"In that case...we'll capture the culprit and bring them here! then I'll have him use the Power of Vanitas right before your eyes! You say you can't trust his words or mine or Mlle Miku, even thought I'm of your race and as for Miku who far different. Then see what the book of Vanitas truly is with your own eyes!" 

The count pause for a moment, as his eyes drew themselves to your figure, your eyes shines underneath the chandeliers' light, he hadn't seen you like this before, your eyes always stay's dull does years. He though to himself about Noe's speech before deciding on his choice. "...Very well. I'll stay Amelia Ruth's execution by one day....but only one day." he finally decided his choice, as your lips twitch a bit upwards while Noe glare to the count, "Thank you very much." 

 ⨳

Once you three got outside from the room, Noe threw the Book of Vanitas to it's owner's face with a frown. The book slammed to Vanitas's nose causing a bleed of pool from his nostrils he yelp. "Why are you spacing out? lets get moving Vanitas!" Noe shouted about to walk towards the door, Vanitas has a bright smile on his face, his eyes sparkle with excitement and happiness. "Huh...?Ohhh..!? Have you finally decided to help me Noe!?" Vanitas smiled, as he ignored the bleed from his nose and stain from his cloth. "No!" Noe protested.

"Huh?" Vanitas said confuse, as Noe went to him pointing as accusing finger, "I am not helping you. You are helping me!!" "What?" that's all you say from your mouth, letting out a confuse noise looking at them back and forth. Noe then went to you grabbing your hands with his free hand and started to walked away from Vanitas who burst out laughter, "Brilliant! I knew it! You really are interesting!" he said caught up to the two of you, patting Noe's shoulder with a loud laugh.

"Noe, hey Noe wait! Do even know where you're supposed to go." Vanitas asked, as you are walking next to him behind the grumpy Noe who was walking to who knows where. 

"No, I do not!!" Noe said shouting still walking as he fix his coat, "Of course you don't!!" Before Noe wonder off into the street, Vanitas reached out his gloved hands to pull him back to his collar. "Well for now calm down."

"I'll thank you not to pull on me!" Noe said grumbled. Soon a bat flew and hit Noe's face as he held the bat by its wing as the bat struggled to get away. "A bat?" Noe questioned, watching it quickly pulled itself away from him as it flew over you nuzzled its small self in your white hair. You smile slightly petting the bat with your finger. You turn your head to the side knowing who it was with the bat, as you notice a figure that was leaning to the wall. Vanitas eyes widened at the sight.

"Hey, you look like you've having trouble, Vanitas, Miku." He said with a smug expression.

"Dante!" you and vanitas said unison. "You left Amelia Ruth behind to save your own skin!" Vanitas said walking towards said ginger and an accusing finger out at Dante. "My agreement with you didn't include protecting the target, I don't work beyond I'm paid!" Dante scowled. "Miser!" "Can it, quack!" Dante shouted back, causing a back and forth argument.  "Excuse me?" Noe spoke from behind with you with an awkward expression. "What the hell are you two doing with him!?" Dante said looking at Vanitas freaked out. 

You look at Noe and laughed, "Allow me to introduced you, This is Dante an information peddler that we often seek for help." you said mentioning Dante. "He's rather a Jack-of-all trades who'll do anything for money." Vanitas grumbled. Then it hit Noe, "Now I remember, 'Baldly' was it?" Noe asked. "Hey! Don't you dare to remember e like that and I'm not bald!" Dante said shouting.

"I don't know why you are here, Dante, but your out of luck! I already found my penultimate partner. So sorry Dante." You let his word process in your head, then it hit you. You pouted but sigh "I guess you don't need me as well. Very well, I'll be with Dante as his partner from now on since he actually appreciate my efforts." you said glaring to vanitas as you walk towards Dante, crossing your arms to your chest.

"Hold on.......Wait!! wait! You know that's not what I meant! Of course I appreciate you!" Vanitas said running to you, clung your dress on his knees with a discouraged expression. Dante let out a disappointed sigh, "Just when I'd figured out where the 'Nine-fold murderer' is and come to find you. Yeah, it's a real shame!" After what Dante said, vanitas appeared in front of the two of you kneeling down his head is down as well, "Master Dante, I love you! Oh my beloved Miku, you are important to me!" 

  ⨳

"We just have to follow this bat then?" Noe asked looking at the bat, who is now on his hand. "You got it" Dante said as he continue, "My friend is tailing the 'Nine-fold murderer' as we speak. This little guy will take you to that friend." Dante explained.

"I see.." Noe commented. As you see Vanitas looked down at his coin purse he had and now all his money are now gone. You were about to approached him, but he turn around to look at Dante, "You completely skinned me for that information baldy!!"

"Shaddup! you thought info even old Orlok doesn't have was gonna cheap!?" Dante said snapping back to Vanitas. While the two argued with each other, you walk towards Noe's direction standing beside him. The bat landed on Noe's shoulder as he looked up at the building.

"It will be faster if we go over the top." Noe comments. You both look at each other then nodded. "I agree." you said smiling, as you two again look at each other. Noe looked at the blue-haired man and nodded. "Huh?" Vanitas said confuse. Noe grabbed vanitas by his waist and picked him up, you watched Noe pick him up before you turned your attention to the building. Your right eye flashed red same goes to Noe, but you decided to cover them up with your blindfold. You both jumped onto the roof top of the building. Vanitas on the other side yelled as you jumped with Noe on the roof.

"All right, Lets hurry Vanitas, Miku." Noe said, as he let the bat off his shoulder. You hum in respond still smiling, before looking down to Vanitas who has a shocked expression in his face. The two of you began to follow the bat crossing the roofs as they headed towards the Nine-fold murderer. 

"Thomas Bernuex" Vanitas stated. "Beg your pardon?" Noe questioned.

"That's the name of the Vampire who appeared from beyond the border two mouths ago and devoured nine people in rapid succession." You started to explain, your lips still form a smile. We'd been chasing that vampire right until we received that letter from Amelie Ruth. We already have information on him." Vanitas said looking to there direction but slightly look at you. ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭ ~

Noe looked down at Vanitas realization appeared on his face, "Ah! Then you we're the doctor Mlle Amelie mentioned."  

"Oui!, from what she's written in her letter, I knew Amelia Ruth's symptoms could manifest at any moment. So we put our research for the 'Nine-fold murdered' on hold and bordered La Balaeine, where she was." Vanitas said finishing his explanation.  

"His previous crimes suggest that Thomas Berneux's fits are cyclical. If he's going to act again, it will probably be today." You said coming in front of them. As you two continue running over the buildings following Dante's bat, a sudden explosion erupted  ahead of them. You slightly eyes widened.

"That's the riverside district. Cherie run-" Before Vanitas could finish you interrupted him, "I'm on it." you said running your covered eyes turn to its dark colors as you sprinted ahead.

~If you guys enjoy please vote~