11. Someone

He is a nice person, a good father, a good husband. Should I accept him as a father??

Before (Y/N) could provide him any answer, the door opened revealing happy and equally tired mother and sons.

"Oh! You are already here? I thought you will be late." Her mother said.

"We just decided to have a movie marathon and eat ice-creams." Jong-Hyun responded. "Looks like you all very tired from a day of adventure."

"Yes! we first visited the amusement park, then we went for hiking, then....."

There we go. Among all the clamour, (Y/N) started to feel left out again. She just could not comprehend how her mother and brothers became so close so quickly. Was it just her or her mother had really started to change after coming into the Kim household? she did not know. She might be one of the brightest minds on the planet earth, yet she could not grasp the emotions that bonded a family together. Were here any real feelings of love or just the feeling of gratefulness because they helped you grow? How do you differentiate love from gratefulness? she did not know.

"I'll just go to bed now. Good night..." She quietly whispered and left the perfect family.

She opened the door of her room and put the water bottle on her desk. She took out her phone from her pocket and slid it over the desk. She took off her coat and stretched her arms. She looked over to the mirror and checked if her abs were still as flexed as before. She took a deep breath and changed into her nightwear.

Laying on the bed after taking her phone, she started to scroll through different apps to check updates. After being unable to find anything that piqued her interest, she just turned it off and zoned out at the ceiling. Staring at the blank roof over her head, she decided to recall the events of the day.

After, as always avoiding the topic of her mother's weird behaviour, she decided to let her brain roam into different ideas.

Crime

Death

Detectives

Ideal world

Law

Punishment

There wasn't a way she could slip into slumber peacefully, was there? She huffed and turned around, burying her face in the pillow.

Why??why do I have so much information about the things that an average person should not even know or think about?? Some students of my age are doing drugs, going out every weekend, sleeping with random people, getting pregnant if females, enjoying their present and ruining their future and what not and here I am, catching drug dealers, murders, finding culprits, doing business deals, negotiations, assassinations, investigations, interrogations and the list goes on.

But I am not saying I don't like it. I love to have this knowledge, this life and this thrill. The feeling when I am about to pull trigger, the feeling when you solve a case, the feeling when you find a culprit of serious crimes, the feeling when my company get praised, the feeling of being , the feeling of being the most powerful person in the room, the death, the feeling of being this close to death but coming back every time someone wanted you dead, I know it's psychotic but I like it and I love my life how it is.