𝟏𝟖𝟎𝟎'𝐬 (𝟑)

Pairing: Wilbur Soot x Reader
Warnings: Blood, violence
Pronouns: She/Her

——————————

Wilbur, while Techno was still dealing with the situation that his brother had just brought upon him, rushed back down to the hall while he could. Now, Technoblade was a smart man. There was no way that he'd be stuck there for long. You had to remember that that kind of potion wasn't designed to stop the person you're using it against, only slow them down. And that's what it did.

Wilbur traced his steps back down the staircase so quickly that it was an amazement that he didn't fall down them halfway through. His long coat followed closely behind his person and he had to hold onto the strap of his bag to make sure that it didn't slip off his shoulder while he was making his way back down into the hall.

He felt his heart stop when he heard the floorboards above him creek.

Now, how the hell was Technoblade able to free himself that quickly?

Sure, he may not exactly be 'free' from the potion's effects, but he was free enough to move and make a sound in the room above. This was all the indication that Wilbur needed to show him that he needed to continue moving because he had very little time to think about what he could do.

Luckily for him, he was pretty intelligent himself. His brain wasn't huge, he did make a lot of dumb mistakes in his lifetime, but his mind had expanded far enough to be able to think quickly on the spot. Improvise, adapt and overcome was his motto. He didn't come up with it, but it was the motto that he followed. And being the great theatre nerd that he was, he was great at improvising.

Wilbur pushed the doors open gently as to not draw too much attention to himself when he entered the hall. He shut it closed behind him and twisted the doorknob far enough that it jammed slightly. Not enough for it to break off, but enough for it to become annoying to open for the next person who wanted to leave or enter that room, which he hoped would be Technoblade.

He furrowed his brows when he realised that (Y/n) had moved from her spot that she and Wilbur were stood by in the corner. His eyes scanned across the room and after just a few momentary seconds, he had located her beside Kristen and Phil.

His strides were long and quick, desperate to find her side immediately. He honestly couldn't believe that his day had come to this. I mean, who would've thought that his brother would follow him into the past? Wilbur put so much work into this plan only for it to be absolutely ruined by Techno. He should've expected this, right? Nothing ever really goes to plan with him. It's always interrupted at the last second. And its always because of The Blade.

As he was walking, Wilbur pulled off his backpack which contained the book and removed his L'mamburgian coat. The coat was the only thing drawing him apart from everybody else in the room, and without the symbol of his country, he looked different.

He wrapped the bag in the coat, folding the flag into the pockets of his jacket so that you weren't able to tell it was a L'manburg coat. He carried it over his stride back to (Y/n) and the people that she had returned to.

"William!" (Y/n) turned her body around to shoot him a relieved glare once he had gotten close enough for her to notice. "Are you okay? You seem really out-of-breath...-"

(Y/n) began to look him up and down, but he had taken her hand, pulling her away from Phil and Kristen, causing her to shoot her glance up back at his face. One of Wilbur's hands was being used to tuck his bag under his arm while he trailed forth to lead (Y/n) in a scurried panic.