"Ahan? Well, your second last semester is close to its end if I'm not wrong, hun?"

"It is."

"Which means not much time left for your graduation. Are you still thinking about joining the office?"

Safwa didn't take much time showing her agreement.

"Yes, why? I mean that has always been the plan."

"So join it. From tomorrow or from Monday. The next week. Whenever you want to."

Safwa was taken aback. The whole speech she had prepared before coming into the kitchen was now forgotten somewhere at the back of her mind.

"But isn't it too early?"

"Well, when this is your whole plan then nothing's early. You are going to join the office sooner or later anyway so why not make it sooner?"

"That's ...right."

Safwa thought for a moment and Bisma could see the excitement on her face. She'd always been eager on the prospect that the business her father built and her Phupho took to another level of success, she'd get a chance to be a part of it as well. This was her sole reason for studying business and understanding it well. She was a sharp minded business woman and Bisma could see her only growing from here on.

"Monday sounds good? You can come in the evening after your classes."

Safwa thought of her plans on Monday. Nothing. She had nothing planned whatsoever.

"Works well with me. I'll be there, Phupho."

Bisma smiled and caressed her cheek. She was half hoping for Safwa to refuse but it was a pleasant surprise that even after so much that had happened in Safwa's life recently, her career aspirations were as they were before.

"I'll be looking forward to having you in that boring space. Elaf's ready?"

"Yes. She's waiting in the lounge."

Bisma released a content breath on her way out of the kitchen. She was planning on involving Safwa in the business for a while now, particularly after Bisma's moving to Baig House and being in Atif's life once again. But now the need for Safwa to get into family business was more than just that.

But what Bisma totally neglected, she was handling a very personal situation like a business deal and this is where the beginning of everything wrong had started.

_______

The dim lighting of Hesham's room and the uncharacterized silence inside even though the three boys were sprawled around in different corners, were telling of the fact that they were all maybe asleep or too silent to even converse with each other.

Hesham was lying on his bed looking directly at the ceiling. Izaan was sitting on the couch with head arms behind his head and Sarim was leaning against the sill on the window couch. They were too silent and that was something if a person familiar with their chaos walked on to, well that person would be in for a surprise for sure. Even Hesham, the harbinger of everything chaotic, was in favour of not talking today.

Well almost.

One taken, Two Mistaken

Hesham: Okay. Who died?

Izaan: Your last and only brain cell.

Hesham: Now, that's rude. You said it yourself that no talking in the room. That's why I texted.

Izaan: In the group chat?

Hesham: You want me to keep secrets from Sarim now? That's low, Izaan.