Chapter Twenty-Seven

Your father locked you up in the mansion and made sure that many guards are standing outside.

And for what reason you ask?

Well, Elliot feels like you might try to run away when he is not at home.

Right now you are scrolling through the internet, which your father allowed you to use just to ease your boredom.

Right now, you are face-timing a boy you met online.

"So you are rich? don't tell me you also have your dear daddy wrapped around your finger"

You roll your eyes but smile at the dark-haired boy.

"I'm not a spoiled little girl, I can assure you of that, Xavier" the fifteen-year-old boy chuckles.

"Well, I'm not rich like you and my dad abandoned me and my mom when I was ten, so yeah I kind of have daddy issues"

Your eyes soften at his words, even though he doesn't seem sad.

"I'm sorry to hear that, but if it makes you feel better, my dad isn't that great either" Xavier raises an eyebrow.

"Why? Isn't your father the famous Elliot Diedrich, who donates millions of dollars to charities every year?" you snort

"Yes, but he can sometimes be two-faced, he is heartless" you explain.

"Why is that?"

You hesitate to tell him, but you are tired of everyone thinking that Elliot is perfect when he is not.

"You see, he fired one of his workers just because she didn't inform that she would be attending her mother's funeral"

"Woah, that's pretty cruel" you shrug at his words.

"I know, right? There are also other situations in which I rather not talk about" Xavier sighs.

"Listen (Y/n), as long as your father is good to you, it doesn't matter how bad he is towards others"

Xavier is right, it doesn't matter how Elliot treats others as long as he treats you well.

However, Elliot is psychotic and has an obsessive love disorder, which you choose not to tell Xavier about.

"I guess you are right, he can't be that bad, I mean yes he can be an asshole and a psycho sometimes but not towards me though..."

As you keep talking, you didn't notice Xavier looking behind you with a worried look on his face.

Until you hear a familiar voice.

"I see you enjoy yourself on insulting me in front of others."

Xavier ends the face call with you quickly, not wanting to get into trouble.

You turn around in your swivel chair, with a nervous smile on your face.

"Hi, dad, back from work early, huh?"

Elliot grabs you by the back of your shirt, forcing you to stand back up on your feet.

"I know that I shouldn't have given you access to the social media, such an ungrateful brat"