Sirius Black

All HP characters belong to J.K Rowling
_____________________________

It takes several minutes for Fudge to regain order.

"Sirius Black has given consent to the use of Veritaserum. Administer the Veritaserum."

One auror drop a few drops of the potion. It didn't take long for the potion to work. Sirius's eyes glazed.

“State your name."

"Sirius Orion Black III." His voice was monotone.

"And your date of birth?"

"November 3rd, 1959."

Amelia nodded, confirming the potion work.

"Sirius Black, are you a death eater or sympathizers of He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named?" Amelia started.

"No." The answer was instant.

The audience start to question the truth by now.

"Did you assisted the murder of the Potters?"

"No." Again the courtroom were full of whispers and murmurs.

"Did you kill Peter Pettigrew and 12 muggles?"

"No."

By now many lords and ladies, started to believe he's not guilty. To think they just throw someone to rot in Azkaban without a trial. Not to mention Sirius came from the Most Ancient and Noble House of Black.

Severus could see Fudge's face grew paler. He made a huge mistake.

"Tell us about that night Mr. Black."

Sirius was silent for a while.

"That night, I was still at the office. I had a bad feeling that night. I couldn't contact Peter or find him anywhere." He started, saying Pettigrew name with such hate.

"I went to check on James and Lily. When I came, the house was a mess. I found James body lied on the floor. I went upstairs, hoping to find Lily and Scilla alive. I found Lily dead, and Scilla unconscious. That's when I know the rat betrayed us.

Hagrid came and said to leave Scilla to him. Dumbledore order he said. I didn't know why, but I gave her to Hagrid and went to chase Peter. He send a blasting curse and cut off his finger before turning into a rat and escape through the sewer."

Chaos once again started in the courtroom. Even Severus was surprised.

After the room calmed, Amelia continue to question him.

"So you're not the secret keeper?"

"I was, but we thought it was too obvious. So we changed it to Peter. Dumbledore witnessed it."

Many of the Light family couldn't believe what they just heard. If Dumbledore knows, then why didn't he call for a trial?

Some of them started to question him. While Dumbledore fanatic followers still believe in him and just thought he had a reason.

Severus smirked at this. Guess Black are useful after all. Without intending, he managed to make some Light family to question their Lord.

"You said, he turned into a rat. Is he an unregistered animagus?"

"Yes, Peter, James, and I became one to help a friend. We were planning to register when the war is over."

Satisfied, Amelia nodded and ordered the auror to administer the antidote.

"Those in favour of not guilty?" 3/4 of the room raised their wand, including Severus and Lucius.

"Not guilty. Sirius Black, for the injustice you have received, the ministry will compensate you with 50 thousand galleons for the 4 year you spend in Azkaban. Since the punishment for being unregistered animagus was 4 years, we will take that from the 8 years you spend in Azkaban."

The aurors came and escort Sirius to the backroom. The audience wondered because the court hasn't been dismissed yet.

"Alright, we can continue. Last week, an anonymous person send a crucial evidence of Sirius Black case. Bring him in." Amelia said.

Another two aurors dragged a shivering Pettigrew. The audience started to shout. Yelling at the trembling rat animagi.

They again administered a Veritaserum on him. And when he admits his crime, he was sentenced to 10 years of Azkaban and will receive a dementor kiss after.

In all, the trial went smoothly. Severus parted with Lucius and went to the backroom. Sirius was there, with a new set of clothes.

"Black." He sneered.

"Snivellous. What are you doing here?" He growl.

Severus sighed and rubbed his face.

"Making sure you're mentally stable. I don't want any more scars on Scilla, if you have any episode." He grumbled.

Sirius stiffen at this. Scars? He thought.

"What scars? What happened to Scilla? Where is she?!" Sirius started to freak out thinking about his pup.

"Stop it you dog. She's home." Severus gave a parchment that contained Scilla's record.

Sirius snatched it and began to read. He was close to ripping someone apart.

"Who?"

"The relatives Dumbledore placed her with. Lily's sister. I managed to get her out and live with me 3 years ago. I'll allow you to come, but if I see a single episode where you almost hurt her, I'm kicking you out." Severus threatened.

Sirius didn't take offend. Even he knows how Azkaban could make someone crazy enough to accidentally hurt their close one. If it wasn't because of the pendant, he himself isn't confident he won't accidentally hurt his pup.

"I won't." For once in his life, he truly felt grateful of Severus. If it wasn't for him, his pup could've been dead by now.

Severus nodded and grabbed his shoulder before apparating to his house.

~~~~~S~~~~~

Scilla was still on her spot reading her book when she felt someone apparate behind her.

"Hey." She simply wave one of her hand.

"Scilla." He called.

Scilla looked up at her guardian. There's another man beside him. A haggard man full of compulsion.

She frown and rubbed her nose. Severus understood this very well.

He knew Scilla can somehow smell, bad things as she called it, compulsions and potions. Her nose was so sensitive.

"Compulsions?" He asked.

Scilla nodded still frowning. Severus pulled Sirius distance away from Scilla. He looked like he want to protest.

"Clean yourself first. You need to visit Gringotts and get rid all of those compulsions on you. She won't come close to you if you're full of compulsions." Severus said.

Sirius looked confused but did what he said.

Sadly he couldn't hug his goddaughter yet. Not until he's done with his matter in Gringotts.

Severus on the other hand went to the kitchen for lunch. He knew Scilla hadn't eaten yet. And the dog will probably won't shut up asking for food.

"Scilla."

Scilla finally stood up from her spot and went to the dining table. She prepared the table, and add one more set for Sirius.

"How did it go?"

Severus told her what happened at the ministry and about Sirius, that he was her godfather.

Scilla had a look of understanding and also a frown.

"Do I need to live with him? I don't want to leave." She pouted.

"You won't have too if you don't want. He'll understand."

Scilla looked relief. She really didn't want to leave.
_____________________________

Word Count : 1128

Next update on wednesday.

Sapphire