What He Doesn't Know- chp 11

Chapter 11

---Grace's POV---

I sat in the recliner that faced the western staircase. That was more than likely the stairs that Richard would take on his way down and I definitely wanted to see the look on his face as he pulled the liitle slut down the stairs. I didn't know who she thought she was but if she thought that she could smuggle her way into our family to get our money she had another thing coming even if I had to be the one to give it to her.

I heard the footsteps slowly descending and soon Richie was in sight. Wait . .  why was there a smile on his face? I knew the bitch wouldn't go through with it. Good thing I had a mouth of my own.

"Did you sleep well?' I asked with a smile.

"Yes remarkably, and you?"

"Well my night was simply horrid."

"Why is that?" He asked, his brows crinkling in concern. It was so sweet when he did that which almost made me feel sorry for what I was about to do- almost. . . or maybe not at all.

"Well I just found it so hard to sleep knowing that my brother was off sleeping with some whore."

"Grace." He was giving me that look again. Gosh how I hated that look. It made me feel distrusted.

"It's true infact on my way from the airport last night I ran into her on a street corner  just off Avery Cres. and we nearly got into a fight because I called her a bitch. Why do you think I said that it was a smalll world and why she didn't want to go into the kitchen with me? She knew it was coming. Look if you don't believe me I took a picture of her back while she was walking away because I was planning to have her tracked down and hurt for disrespecting me." I pulled out my phone and went  directly to the picture that I had a feeling would come in handy. "Here it is!" I said practically shoving the phone in his face. "You slept with her last night does this mark look familiar?"

He grabbed the phone from my hands and I watched as his eyebrows furrowed in concentration then relax as realization hit. He slammed the phone shut and if my reflecxes weren't so in tact I would have needed a new phone. I felt a smile dance unto my face as he stormed back up the stairs. This would be good and there was no hell of a way that I was going to miss it. Without hesitation I ran behind him. This would be an interesting show. . .

---Dana's POV---

The bright rays from the sun shone in through the window. Was it morning already . . . ?

I layed perfectly still trying to recall every minute of the night before. It was truely magical and I couldn't help but hope that it would stay with me forever. I rolled over and felt the empty  space next to me. Where had Richard gone? Breakfast in bed maybe . . . ?

The door burst open; I jump alittle then turned to face it. His expression was deadly calm and standing right behind him at the door was Grace with that spiteful smirk of hers. What was going on.

"Dana can you show me your back?" He asked with an even tone.

"Um . . . sure . .  ." I said as I turned my back to him and lowered the covers. What was going on? The tension in the room was suddenly very tangible as I sat waiting for someone to explain what was happening.

"Get up." His voice was sharp and abit harsh. I rose immediately. "Ugh put some clothes on." He sounded disgusted. . . . but why . . . Grace! She must have told Richard. Oh no. Shame washed over me instantly and I threw on my clothes. He knew!  I couldn't bring myself to look at him so I simply stood infront of him and waited for him to speak. This was it, I was out of time; my moment of judgement was here.  "Collect your child then meet me downstairs." He said before leaving the room with Grace right behind him. I took a deep breath. I didn't want to have to face this.