Ninja of a Cooking Disaster

COLE'S P.O.V.

It's my turn to cook dinner. The others say my cooking is terrible, but they are so wrong. My cooking is delicious. Zane said that Liz told him something that changed his entire life last night. After breakfast, he said he would tell us at dinner. I am so excited. I have something special planned for tonight. It's my homemade chili. My secret recipe. My chili takes a few hours to make, so I decide to go see the others before it's ready.

"Hey, guys." I say.

"Please tell me that's not your chili I smell, Cole." Lloyd says.

Jay plugs his nose. "It sure smells like it." He says.

"My sensors indicate that it is indeed Cole's chili." Zane says.

"Yep. My secret recipe."

Everyone groans. They never like my food. I don't see why, it's delicious!

"Hey, what's that gurgling sound?" Kai asks.

We all stop talking and listen.

"It's coming from the kitchen." Zane says.

Jay gets scared and pulls his arms up in front of him. "What could it be?" He asks with panic in his voice.

I roll my eyes. Jay can be such a nimrod sometimes. "I'll go and see." I say.

I go into the kitchen and gasp. The others come in to see what's wrong. The gape at the sight before us. In the pot I was cooking my chili in, there is something...wierd. It looks like a...a chili monster? Something went deffinately wrong with the chili.

"Oh, great. Cole's chili is so bad, that it's a monster now!" Jay whines.

"Hey, it's not my fault!" I retort.

"Cole is right." Zane says. "My scanners say that there is a chemical substance that made it possible for Cole's chili to-"

"In a way we can understand, please?!" Kai says.

"There is another ingredient that caused this. Someone tampered with it."

"Lloyd!" I yell.

"What? It's not my fault." He says.

"Well, you were the one who messed with my cooking last time!"

"I was a kid then. Come on Cole, grow up."

"Ha. Ha ha ha." Jay laughs. I bop him on the head.

"Myah. Mwah. Mah!" The chili monster...says? I don't know. It's more of a gurgling, roaring, some inaudible sound.

"Come on, guys. This thing can't be that hard to beat!" I yell.

They all nod in agreement. One by one, we each use our powers to attack the monster.

"Ice!"

"Lightning!"

"Earth!"

"Fire!"

Lloyd uses an energy ball. Our powers hit the monster and make it explode. Sadly, it makes a huge mess in the kitchen.

"Ah, man. Who's going to clean this up?" Lloyd asks dissapointedly.

"Not it!" The rest of us say at once.

"Ha ha. Very funny, guys."

"Don't worry, we'll help you clean it up." Kai says.

KAI'S P.O.V.

After we finished cleaning up the mess left by the chili monster, we sit back down on the couch and start playing video games again.

"So, what are we going to have for dinner now?" I ask.

Sensei walks in. "Pizza." He says.

Then Nya comes in with a few boxes of pizza.

"Ooh. Pizza! I love pizza!" Jays says.

"I love her, I mean it, even more!" Cole says. We all heard the slip.

"Hey Zane, you said you had something important to tell us?" Nya asks. That's right, I almost forgot about what Liz had said to him.

"Yes." Zane says. "Last night, Falcon came into our room. Liz arrived shortly after. She pulled a memory chip from him, and gave it to me. This is what I saw."

Blue light came out of Zane's eyes, making the whole room blue. There was an image of Zane as a kid, playing with Falcon. Then a Treehorn stepped on him. Zane's father took him back inside and started to make him into a robot. Zane opened his eyes, and looked around. He doesn't remember anything.

"You mean, you're a...a..." Cole says.

"You were once human but turned into a robot so that you could live." I finish.

Zane nods. What a night. First, Cole's chili turns into a freaky monster thing. Then, Zane tells us that he's a human and a robot. Hey, how did Cole's chili end up alive, anyway? I must have said that out loud without even knowing it, because the others shrug their shoulders.

"I think I might know who did it." Sensei says.

"Who?" We all say at once.

"You know who." Is all he says before he walks back to his room.

What is he talking about? Could he mean-

"Liz." I hear Zane whisper.

Thank you so much, legosensei, for suggesting this idea. Also, I dedicate 'Ninja of Love' to you too. You helped me with the idea of Zane's father making Zane into a robot to save his life, so thanks! I also dedicate the next chapter to you. It's called 'Ninja of False Love' and I think you know what it's about. I'm still working on it. To all of my readers, please enjoy the rest of this book. It is far from being done! Also, please feel free to check out my other stories as well. Thanks!