Chapter 17

Chapter 17- The Wrong Time To Explore

"I'm scared Canni..." Tenko mumbled as he pulled his blanket over his head. He was on the carriage while you were on a horse, hands chained to the leash, with the other Imp soldiers ready for the expedition.
"We've cleared away the Titans in the vicinity, 30 seconds until the gate open!" Someone shouted, and you hummed at the imps around you.

'You ready (Y/N) (L/N)?' The voice asked you.
"More or less," You muttered, feeing the stares of Eren, Marco, and Sasha.
"The time has come! From this moment, mankind takes another step forward! Show us the fruits of your training!" Darius yelled and the soldier imps cheered.

"Begin opening the gate!" The gates to the walls opened slowly, and you took a breath in, knowing that death is very near.
"Fall in! The 57th expedition outside the wall begins now!" Erwin shouted, and with that, you all charged out into the outside, away from the walls, away from safety.

"What safety are those cattle fences?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I sense something wrong here, you think there's any enemies nearby?' The second voice asked you.
"Doubt it. No one here is deemed an enemy here," You mumbled, pushing your horse to run along side your Imp squad.
"Smoke signals. Green. Oluo, pass it on," Levi announced to the two tone Imp, who agreed and shot a green flare up.

You still noticed the stares coming from Eren, which made you turn your head slightly to see him giving you some weird eyes fill with emotions.
"What?" You bluntly asked, and he quickly turned away.
'You don't need to be cold to me like before... I want to see you vulnerable again,' Eren thought with a lovingly sigh.

"Reporting sir!" You turned back to see another soldier Imp riding along Levi.
"An oral message! It appears that the right wing spotters had been wiped out!!" He explained in a panic, which made Tenko gulp.
"The early warning network is compromised! One of you need to relay the message down the line!" Levi nodded and turned to Petra.

"You heard the soldier, Petra, go along," Petra obeyed and sent her horse down the other way.
'Oooooooo! Now this is getting good!' The voiced cackled, which made you sigh a little.
"Black smoke!" Tenko exclaimed, seeing the smoke and ducked inside the wagon.
"Eren! Fire the signal," Levi commanded, and Eren quickly shot out black smoke.

"We're going to stop those titans! Right, Canni?" Tenko asked you as he lifted his head up from the blanket.
"More or less, if these imps are competent enough," You told him, which made the squad glare at you, but Eren did a low hum.

You all continued to run through the lands, until you looked to see that you're driving into a very big forest.
'Now that's impressive!' The voice said in awe as you pulled your horse into the woods, the path faded and banged up.

"Captain! Captain Levi!" Eren shouted to his superior.
"What?" Levi asked if irritated.
"Come on sir, we're in a forest! We won't see a Titan until it's right on top of us! The center ranks are totally cut off! Something is coming up on the right, isn't it?!" Eren managed to choke out as you groaned in annoyance.