[ Chapter 5: The Wish ]

Your POV:

"A-achoo!"
     "Cold?" asked Takamichi after he placed his hand on my head "N-no" I sniffed in response before rubbing my nose. It was one chilly Sunday afternoon that we decided to take a short stroll around the park. Michi invited Hinata to tag along but she turned down the offer because she promised Emma that she'll help her with the shopping. "You should hang around with Hinata and Emma-chan, get to know them" Takamichi spoke. I groaned and sat on the bench as he too followed and sat beside me "Girls take a long time to get the clothes they want. Whereas I go, get the stuff I need and head back home. No mucking around, just go to the store and back end of the story, period"

He laughed nervously before we stared at the fountain before us "Don't you miss this?"Michi asked. I stayed quiet for a while before replying "Yeah....I do"

// FLASHBACK //

"Look little one" I stared ominously at the huge figure before me as he flipped the coin up, landing inside the fountain with a plop. I leaned over to see the coin sinking gracefully towards the bottom. "Did you make a wish?" the person asked. "Wish?" Five year old me repeated. "Yes, this is a wishing well" he chuckled, giving the warmest smile one could ever asked for. Shaking my head, he then placed a coin in my small palm "It's your turn, make a wish" having a look of determination, I brought the coin close to my chest "I wish we will forever remain happy"

// END OF FLASHBACK //

As we were heading back home, Michi had just received a text message from Draken. "What's wrong?" I asked; reading his face expression, it seems something bad is going to happen. "It's nothing" he close eyed smile before placing his phone back in his pocket. I frowned and raised my eyebrow "Whatever it is, please be careful" I spoke, ruffling his hair. The sound of a motorbike could be heard from afar "Pass my hello to Draken, Mikey, Baji and Chifuyu for me" throwing a small wave as I walked ahead.

Takamichi's POV:

I just stood there and smiled to myself. (Y/n) had always been a quick thinker and observer. Seeing her off as she walked passed the bus stop, I turned around and saw Draken not far ahead. "Yo Takamitchy" he greeted "Hey Draken, what's wrong?" I asked almost immediately "Mikey told me to bring you to Toman's meeting that's being held in the shrine"

This is serious

Nodding my head, I hopped on and we drove off.

Your POV:

After arriving back home, I decided to take a quick shower and that's what I did. Drying my hair, I looked at the mirror as it reflected my purple hair and blue eyes. ".............scary" I muttered before hanging my towel at the balcony. Seated on the chair, I turned my laptop on and began typing my assignment.

Three hours had passed quietly as I had finished my assignment. With a low groan and doing some back stretches, I picked up my phone to see that it was 11:45pm. "Takamichi hasn't arrived back home" I muttered to myself. Grabbing my coat, I head downstairs and wore my shoes. The sound of dried leaves being crushed under my feet echoed as I slowly made my way to the park. I stood in front of the fountain hearing the water trickle down from the tip splashing down to its base.

"It has been ten years since I last made a wish here at this very fountain. To think that my happiness lasted for only five years....so cruel isn't it?" I asked myself as I gently touched the water creating a ripple.

Narrator's POV:

The young girl then sat on the same bench she and Takamichi had sat before. Her purple hair danced as the wind blew passed her. "Damn....tomorrow's Monday" she spoke. Little did she know that someone's intensively watching her close by.