Chapter 3

Namae just realized it late that the story has already begun ages ago.

This is the part where Amado Genji will find her annoying since she's been hanging around the heroine these past few weeks.

Fragments of the original Namae's memories helped her know about this.

Since she's already informed, all she has to do right now is avoid the heroine at all cost- which was impossible.

It really is impossible to avoid the biggest death flag since she's her colleague. A colleague whom she's been trying to get close to.

Maybe Amado Genji will kill her anytime at this point.

"Ughh how do I do this.. should I have resigned after all?"

Namae stared at the ceiling and started daydreaming about her lavish life in the future.

In order to have that leisure lifestyle, she needed money. A big money.

"No. I'm not gonna resign. I'm gonna earn millions and live lazily later on. Two years. I just need to suffer for two years."

Namae thought about how many years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds two years have.

"2 years, 24 months, 104 weeks, 730 days... Urghh."

Just imagining how many more days she has to suffer suddenly lessened her will to live.

She closed her eyes from all that thinking and drifted off to sleep.

*Beep* *Beep*

'What?' namae woke up from surprise.

She wasn't used to hearing that annoying alarm but she had to wake up anyways.

It was already morning and the sunlight was present behind those dark curtains.

She wondered why the time to rest was so quick to finish but the time to work was so long like forever.

It only felt like she closed her eyes for a second.

Regardless of those thoughts, she prepared herself and went to work.

..

"Good morning Sei-san" Kana smiled brightly at her.

"... Good morning Ito-san." Namae awkwardly replied.

"Let's also do our best this day Sei-san!" She was full of energy.

"Ahaha, you too Ito-san."

She nodded and proceeded to her workplace.

Namae sat on her chair and lied on the table while excluding a deep sigh.

'729 days to go.'

After having her power nap, she started working efficiently.

Namae had to say that her work right now was very similar to the work in her last life, so much that they have similar contents.

"Whew."

She finished printing the documents, arranged the files and passed the project ideas to her manager.

After facing the monitor for almost three hours straight, she decided to eat since it was already break time.

"Sei-san." Someone call out to you.

It was her manager.

"Yes?"

"Here." He handed Namae a black envelope.

"What's this Manager?"

"It's an invitation card for the upcoming banquet this saturday. Everyone in the team is invited. Wear your best dress since it's a formal banquet. I'll see you later." He patted her right shoulder.

Namae stared blankly at the black envelope.

'Sh't sh't sh't sh't sh't sh't. Damn it how could I forget gahhhh.'

It was clear that her team got invited by the CEO since the heroine was there in the first place.

But she never imagined getting dragged into this mess.

This banquet is the very same banquet where those other three psychos get to attend.

It's the time where they'll get attracted to the heroine since she dressed up nicely that night.

Namae knew that she couldn't reject this invitation since that tyrant's eyes were on her.

She cried on the inside thinking about this unlucky life she has.

But she mustn't falter. For the sake of the lavish life she dreamt of, she needed to survive.

That's right.

All she has to do is attend the banquet and just watch everything unfold from the sidelines.

Hopefully...