Crash/Land

Hailee's POV

Since it's the last day of school before winter break, I go to my locker to make sure I'm not leaving anything that I might need during these weeks. I see him talking to his friends and think about approaching him, but they intimidate me a little and quite honestly,  I think I'd rather talk to him while he's alone, anyway. You know how boys change when they're around their friends, it's like they don't even know you.

I start to make my way home, low-key regretting not having gone up to him. What was the worst thing that could've happened anyway? They could've just teased him, or made it obvious that he likes me... but that is, of course, if I'm right about him liking me. However, if it's all just an illusion of mine and he doesn't actually like me, I would've just made a fool of myself. I shrug. Who knows what would've happened.

I then hear someone running behind me, so I turn around to see who it is, and it is exactly who you would expect it to be.

"Hailee, wait", Max says.

"Hey, what brings you here?", I ask him with a gentle smile.

"Well, I saw you walking and thought I'd talk to you one last time before winter break"

"Okay", I respond, trying not to freak out.

"So, tell me"

"Tell you what?"

He stops walking so I do the same, "Were you the one who wrote the message? The whole 'I know we don't talk but I think you're cute' thing?"

I press my lips together and smile, "maybe? Okay, how did you know it was me?"

"Lucky guess", he shrugs, "why'd you write it?"

"I just thought I'd have some fun. Kinda wanted to see the look on your face when you read it. And spoiler alert: it was worth it"

"Damn, you're evil. You get me all excited for nothing"

I tease him by saying, "Who says it's for nothing?", and keep walking.

Max's POV

Is she saying what I think she's saying?

I catch up to her and say, "wait, wait, wait. What do you mean by that?"

"Well... all I'm saying is that it's open for interpretation", she smiles. I don't know what it is about that smile that I just love- no, not love. Like. I like her smile. She has a nice smile. Doesn't mean I like her... but-

"Why are you looking at me like that, Max?"

I just look into her eyes, without saying a word and do the first thing that comes to my mind.
I get closer, lean in, and give her a peck on the lips. I back off quickly after that since I have no idea how she's gonna react. She doesn't do anything for a few seconds.

Hailee's POV

I then look down at his lips and kiss him but for real this time. It's like passion is burning between us. I can feel us connecting on a deeper level, and I like it.

•••

No more thinking about Jay. All I can think about now is Max and that kiss we shared today.

Max

Heyyy

So I wanted to ask you if you're free to hang out tomorrow?

Hailee

Sure

Wanna meet at the park?