26. JJ

Later that night Effy and Ayla stand in the queue to get into a club. Effy was wearing a black cardigan and a super short skirt, Ayla a black silk dress. Although they both looked nice, they felt like shit. Naomi barges her way through a group of chavvy girls towards the two of them. 

"Hey" she smiles weakly. Both of them smile back and greet her. "No Cook?" she asks Effy. 

"Why would there be a Cook?"

"You're seeing him aren't you?"

"I'm fucking him occasionally. I'm not seeing him"

"There's a distinction?" Naomi asks, chuckling. Effy doesn't answer and for a few seconds it's quiet. 

"No Emily?" asks Ayla. Naomi's expression turns solemn and she too doesn't reply. 

"I suggest we go in here and get so monumentally fucked up, we forget all about..." Effy trails off, her eyes meeting Freddie's, who stands at the back of the line next to Katie. It was the first time she had seen them together. She glances away as Naomi and Ayla look to see what had made her lose her train of thought.

"My god." chuckles Naomi, looking at Freddie and then back at Effy. "You love The Lips." Luckily before Effy can pathetically lie to Naomi, Thomas yells to them from the door of the club, gesturing for them to come forward. The three of them walk toward him and are immediately cheered up by his warm presence. 

"Ahhh belle fille" Thomas smiles to Ayla. "Katie, Freddie" he calls out to the back of the line, gesturing for them to come forward too. They walk forward, Katie glaring at Ayla as if she was prepared to kill her and Freddie looking at Effy with guilt. "You don't pay. Friends don't pay!" Thomas beams, putting his arm around Ayla, who smiles up at him, ignoring Katie's drilling glares. "Everyone is together" Thomas claps his hands together contently. "Panda is coming, and Emily's already here."

-

The group walk inside, bombarded by an array of blue and red lights and the smell of scotch. Only inside does Ayla remember she had been here before; after Sid's dad's death. She scouts out Emily on the dance floor, who is throwing her arms up in the arm whilst being kissed and groped by Cook. Ayla sighs and pushes through the crowd towards her, gently coaxing her off the dance floor and away from Cook as she looked like she was about to pass out. 

The two of them stand in the corner, Emily leaning against Ayla who stroked her hair, occasionally shaking her to try and keep her conscious. She watches as more and more people stream into the club and Cook slowly gets more and more aggressive in the mosh. What the fuck was he on?! A few moments later, he started a pretty intense fight and was being beaten to a pulp as he laughed like a maniac. Freddie and JJ push their way into the mosh, pull people off the little bastard and drag him out of the mosh. Cook is covered in blood and barely conscious as they drag him into the hallway which led to the bathrooms. 

Classic Cook. Ayla wanted to check he was okay, but couldn't because she had Emily to look after.  A few moments later Emily whispers in her ear softly and almost incoherently.

"I need to puke." 

Ayla nods and practically drags Emily across the back of the club and towards the hall which the boys had just gone into. She pushes open the door to the hallway with some effort and the boys look at her. They are dead silent when she enters, it being obvious they were just talking about something they didn't want her to hear.

"Is she okay?" asks Thomas, wrapping his arm under Emily to help keep her upright.

"Yeah, just way too fucked" Ayla replies as Thomas helps her manoeuvre Emily to the bathroom door. Ayla turns back around to Freddie and JJ.