"Come now Lilith, it's time for this to come to an end," Femi said in a sing-song way.

    The floors creaked beneath the pale dried feet. It was an eccentric sight to many of their neighbors yet none seemed to say a thing. Her cracked heels pushed down into the cool concrete ground and pushed her further towards the exit.

    Walking out of the apartment complex, they walked into the city.

     As they are getting closer, they pass by an old park. The sounds of little girls screaming and laughing makes Femi fall back as she clenches her teeth, clutching her skull in between her hands. A loud ringing shoots through Femi's ears and sweat starts collecting on her temple like the fog in the mornings. Quick flashed images of a woman screaming in agony flies across her eyes. Another flash image of a bat clashing against another woman and her round, protruded abdomen! Then another face flashes across her eyes but this time of an unknown being...

    It had wings on it's back that were cut in half like a blade slashed them. Black feathers covered in blood and a strange fluid made a crown over its head. It's hair was golden but  was in a disheveled mess like a messed up haircut. This creature's mouth was screwed shut with nails and staples pricing the skin.but it didn't frightened Femi. Thousands of- no MILLIONS of screams and voices of women all saying the same thing...

Set us free!

    As quickly as the creature came, it left just as quickly. Just like that, Femi came back into reality but when she looked around the little girls were gone as if they were never there...

    "Come on Lilith, let's continue," and they walked away from the play ground with the little girls. With every step, the anger and rage boiled leaving her in her thoughts. She clenched her fist

How are we regressing back to everything the people fought for?

The pledge of allegiance is a load of crap. Justice for all? For all who? For all men? For all old white men? For all rich people? For all the authorities?

This thought had Femi scoff out loud letting out a growl.

    It has to be because there is no 'Justice for All' for women, women of color, middle class people, low and poor class people, immigrants? No, but it's 'The United States of America' and equality was never there from the start...

    Most of Femi's friends either left out of her life or were too busy dealing with their own and that was very understandable with the living conditions. With those in  power, of course they are the ones taking the blow. Somehow, when a few months passed they decided to make a new law that would destroy many lives. And it was all agreed by MEN to make THAT  law acceptable!

No one would ever forget that day. It caused chaos and tragedy over the whole country. Nevertheless, it will not matter anymore....

Standing in front of them, was the building that caused grief and anger.

The building that caused the event that will soon be happening.

The building that had opened up Femi's inner being which she had refused to lock up any longer...

The Capital.

    Through the heavy white doors, there was a woman sitting at the front desk; a thin black woman who seemed to be in her mid 30's. Her hair was straightened out and pulled back into a tight ponytail which couldn't be any good for the front of her in the future seeing her hairline was already receding. She had a short pencil skirt which Femi saw and watched her shift uncomfortably in her seat pulling it down. Her makeup wasn't bad but Femi could still tell that she tried to make her lips look smaller than her natural thick and full lips.