Chapter 5: friends

George POV.

I took a step onto the wooden floor but looked back to Dream. This Sapnap guy didn't seem trustworthy and I'd rather be by the blond than him. The blond's eyes glowed as his mouth curved into a smirk when he saw me looking back to him, and he followed behind me.

Sapnap led us into a lounge and I saw 2 other demons sitting on a couch talking to each other, I knew it. This was a trap to kill me. Honestly I should have seen this coming...

"George?" I looked over to see Karl and Darryl, both of them immediately ran over and enveloped me in a hug.

Dream, Sapnap and the pair of demons sitting down all watched us, and each had a small smile obvious on their faces. I wondered why though, why would these demons who kidnapped us be feeling happy for us?

"Hi." I spoke quietly, hoping the demons in the room couldn't hear us, but knowing how good their hearing is I knew that was impossible. "I missed you both."

The second we let go of each other, Darryl dragged us into an adjoining room. I felt the demons watching us but none of them made any motion to stop us. We all sat down on a couch next to the other 2 and pretty much hugged.

Both of them told me what happened and it was pretty much the same thing that happened to me. We ran and split up, they were cornered or tackled and then the demons released a weird scent and they fell asleep.

"Where are we anyway?" I asked the pair, looking around the room which turned out to be another lounge.

"Skeppy's house." Darryl replied. When both of us looked over to him he explained slightly further, "he's the demon that caught me... he's not so bad though... he's nice." The green eyed boy looked genuinely happy when he said that and for a moment I wondered if he'd been brainwashed or something.

"You got new glasses Darryl," Karl pointed out, looking equally happy, "did your demon get that for you?"

"Yeah. They are way better than my old pair."

The two of them talked for a bit as though absolutely nothing was wrong, so I turned to Karl. "What is the demon who took you like?" I asked.

"Actually, it's not one, it's two. Their names are Quackity and Sapnap and as far as I can tell they are either dating or engaged. Quackity runs some business called Las Nevadas, I don't know what it is though." The way he talked showed that he was also cautious about the demons and I felt glad that he wasn't brainwashed, even if Darryl was.

"What do you know about your demon then?" Darryl asked me.

"His name is Dream and he's rich... that's all." I spoke in the blandest tone possible. I didn't like Dream much.

My eyes glanced around the room as Darryl started talking again and my eyes focused on a window which was open, letting a cool breeze in. Maybe we could climb out of it and escape them. Beyond the window all I could see was trees, a forest perhaps. Something we could easily hide from the demons in.

The only problem was that I didn't know whether I could trust Darryl enough with an escape plan, if he was under the demons... Skeppy's... control then they could know and be in here in a minute. Karl seemed trustworthy, and I was certain that the two of us could carry brainwashed Darryl anywhere we needed to go.

Dream POV.

Skeppy and Sapnap and Quackity's human's dragged George into an adjoining room and I tapped my foot cautiously as I sat down, not moving my eyes off the door. The other 3 all just started to talk and I occasionally chimed in but the entire time I was straining my ears to try and hear what the humans were saying.

George POV.

"Do you guys like it here?" I couldn't help but ask, "or would you rather be back out in the forest?"

Both Karl and Darryl looked at each other before turning to me, seemingly unsure of how to answer. Eventually Karl spoke up. "I'd rather be free to live how I want... not in that cave though, maybe in a cabin by the sea or something," he spoke almost absentmindedly, as though he were part of a trance. Darryl didn't answer.

"Then why don't we go?" I asked Karl and Darryl, pointing over to the open window. "We can leave right now and be a mile away by the time they notice."

Karl looked from the window to the door several times before nodding. Darryl seemed uncertain, "I don't know if we should," he muttered, "if they catch us they'll be mad. Plus, it's Winter, it's way too cold to be out there with nothing."

"Then we will make sure they don't catch us, and can go somewhere warm instead." I promised him.

After a few moments of silence, Darryl gave a nod in agreement and we walked over to the window. There was a 5 or 6 foot drop, and that seemed to worry Darryl more but I reassured him that we'd be fine. To show him, I climbed up onto the windowsill before sitting down, my legs dangling down above a bush full of flowers that were withered and dying in the cold. We'd probably end up like that during the Winter but it's better than being held hostage by demons. After giving one last look at my friends I slid off and fell into the bush.

It broke my fall but as I climbed out of the bush, big thorns caught into my clothes and tore the fabric, and my skin in some places. It was just a small irritating cut that would heal up in a day or so for most of them it was fine. However a particularly large thorn cut the skin of my hand and blood began seeping out of it. I just wiped it onto my clothes, ruining the bright green colour with a streak of red and brown.

However I just looked up to where Karl and Darryl were watching me. "I'm fine, who's next?" I asked.

The two looked at each other, seemingly unsure, before turning back to me, but neither moved. "It's fine guys, you won't get badly hurt as long as your skin isn't exposed."

Another glance at each other, but eventually Karl slid up onto the balcony. He shook where he was before eventually sliding down and landing in the bush. Thankfully Karl didn't get injured at all.

Then we stood and watched Darryl swing his legs over the edge of the windowsill, "are you sure this is safe?" he asked, his voice shaking.

"Yes Darryl of course it's safe," Karl replied, "George and I both jumped and we are perfectly fine."

"Are you sure?" Darryl asked again, "cause George is bleeding." He pointed down at my hand which I was clutching closely to my chest, staining the shirt even more red.

"Darryl I'm fine," I reassured him, then with a shaky nod he jumped.

He dropped down into the bush and Karl and I rushed over to help him up. Besides the cut on my hand we were all perfectly fine and with one last glance at the mansion we ran into the bush.

Sure it had been nice to have a bed for the night, and to have a new pair of clothes but we shouldn't be living here under the eyes of demon captors.
_________________________________________
1279 words.