Life in the Locket

Sometimes the one you love is so far away, you feel as though they are in a different time. My love was in a total different era. 147 years back...

I felt as though I was spinning, being stripped of everything but my soul. My being changed in the golden light, my skin tingled. Connected and completed, my eyes shot open in the middle of this swirl of colors. I felt warm and calm, and my feet gently touched the ground. I slowly turned, a blinding white light began to engulf the air, but a shadow of a man stood amist me. I felt another shot of warmth kiss my skin, a sense of love washed over me as this shadow walked out of the colors.

"Hello Lyla," a smooth voice came from the darkness. I turned my head to the side in slight confusion, letting my gold hand slowly reach forward to try and touch the shadow in front of me. I felt  a pin-point on the center of my collar bone suddenly begin to open, sucking in all the color and swirling images in front of me.

No. I felt myself begi to disappear into this blackhole on me, but the shadow did not move.

"Find from where your heart is."

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

    My alarm clock shattered my sleep, crying loudly in my ear. I grumbled, crawling my fingers up to the snooze button. 6:45 came too early on this brisk fall morning. The warm atmosphere covered me under my thick blankets, and I didn't want to get up. The sensation of my dream still lingered on my skin, and the cherubic voice of the shawo was as clear as a bell in my mind.

"Find from where your heart is."

    I let my brain fixate on such a saying, trying to uncode the secret message I believed was hidden behind it. And who was that shadow? The voice was so clear, had I known who it was I could have picked it out. But alas, I coud not place it anywhere, and I found myself pondering on who it was. My soul mate? Guardian angel? God? I couldn't come up with a logical explanation for it as my body began to slow down, darkness pulling over me as the colors began to appear again.

"You returned to me," the voice said again.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

    My snoze alarm went off again, jolting me back awake. I clicked it off as I let out a long yawn and stretch. That voice was haunting me, but I could not put my finger on who's it was.

    Forcing myself out of bed I stumbled to the bathroom, turning the water on and letting the steam rise up to warm the air. My silk black hair was all tangled into a mess on the top of my head as I gently tried to brush it out. I knew today was a special day, but it felt like the 12 other special days in the past year. Today was the year mark that I had been dating my boyfriend Alex.

     The water was finally warm enough for me to step in, and I graciously did. My mind began to run as I lathered my hair up with shampoo. The water soothed my thoughts, making it easier for me to digest such complex thoughts. I could not comprehend the vivid images that my brain produced in the night. That shadow, who was it? The mysterious overloom gave an underlying thrill, and I was very intrigued by this emotion. It was foreign to me, maybe that's why it was so baffling to me...

Who was it?

 As I stepped out of the shower, my phone bobbed up and down with a new text message from Alex, of course, like I do every morning.

     "Good morning babe- I have a surprise for you. I'll see you in the parking lot." it read I began to toss my hair around in my towel. I sighed helplessly. He's such a cutie. But the proccess of getting ready with the jittery nerves that began to fill my head was difficult, but I needed to make it quick.