Two- Sympathy

I laid on my bed, bored and waiting for my next class. After laying there for what seemed like hours, I decided to finish the last few lyrics on my latest song. Song writing was a great hobby of mine, I'm able to write down how I actually feel in an expressive way.

—in class—

"Everyone pick partners and try to recreate the move I just demonstrated" Miss Luca told the class. Students rushed around the room, trying to find their friends. I sat in the same posts and waited for Miss Luca to force someone with me. 

"You wanna be partners?" A male voice asks, stood infront of me. I crane my neck to see him.

"Really? You?"  I say in disgust.

"Doesn't look like you have a line of friends waiting to be partners" Marcus chuckles.

"Alright, whatever" I roll my eyes at his stupid smirk. Holding out his hand, he looks me in the eye. I look away but take his hand anyway. Pulling me to my feet, I swing his arm high up before tackling him and causing him to be thrown over my shoulder and crashing down onto the ground.

"Fuck off, stupid rat" I tell him, drawing attention to the scene. I grab his hair and pull him backwards, resting my knee on his lower back.

"Stay away from me" I whisper into his ear "You'll end up dead"

"Let go of him, you psycho!" Petra shouts, you glare at her before letting go of him. 

"Calm it" Marcus smirks "Just tryna be friends, you don't seem to have many" 

"Shut the fuck up!" I shout, doing a roundhouse kick. My foot collided with the side of his head. His nose started bleeding but I didn't care. He was knelt on the ground, I lowered to his level and grabbed his chin.

"You need to learn to keep your mouth shut!" I spat, close to his face.

"Why so sour, princess?" Marcus said, making me angrier than before.

"Don't EVER call me princess" I kicked him to the floor before storming out the room.

I rush through the halls, earning quick glances from students. People never talk to me, why am I pushing him away? Questions like this wondered my mind while heading towards my dorm.

—small time skip—

I sat on my bed, guitar in hand. I had finally finished my latest song and I was proud with how it turned out. I wanted to hear the finished product together so I started to strum.

—Marcus pov—

I wanted to talk to Daisy about why she had a sudden change in mood. She was so nice at lunch but it all changed, the scar on my nose showed that.

I approach her dorm but the door was already open a crack. I stood behind it, hearing guitar strums. (Play song above)

Inside jokes that I never know but I Still laugh until I cry Group photos but I'm standing off to the side

I'm just camera shy Always at the birthday parties But never close to anybody

I've been chosen last since the kindergarten Walk in the grass and it's disregarded Fast walk to the lunch table

And pack up before I'm ready to go I don't speak my mind, I just sit and listen I'm there on time 'cause they won't know I'm missing

Sometimes I would rather stay home Than show up to be ignored and alone

Carpool everywhere but there's never room For me to go to Ride my bike like all of us used to do Oh, I don't ha-

Her voice is beautiful. Thoughts like that flooded my mind until I leant on the door. It swung open and I stubbled inside the room. Daisy quickly pulls out her dagger before throwing it in my direction.

"Jesus! Are you trying to kill me?!" I shout.

"Yes! If you're spying on me like a creep!" 

"You have a beautiful voice" I say sincerely.

"Fuck off!" She screeches, standing up and placing her guitar on her bed. 

"Here's your dagger back" I smile, handing her the weapon. I couldn't help but notice the slight shade of pink on her cheeks. I had to admit, she was quite pretty but I'd never say it out loud.