Chapter 40

"Jayko, you will be joining Skywalker and Kenobi in their fight in the outer rim" Windu informed me as I stood before the council once again, being given my next mission in this never ending war. "You will be leaving immediately to meet up with them at the base they have set up" with a nod I followed my orders and was flown out to find my former master and Anakin falling back from the battle ahead.

"Need help master?" I walked off the shuttle to find them rushing back to the base.

"Yes, Lyra, are we ever happy to see you" the bearded man greeted. "Cody and a group of men are still out there, we need you to help them get back safely" he started with my orders.

"Of course, Master" I rushed off to find them.

"General Jayko?" Rex questioned, watching me run by him in a hurry.

"Commander!" I called, rushing to take cover with Cody on the battlefield.

"General, what are you doing here?"

"I was sent to help. I'm going to push them back while you and your men return to the base" I instructed.

"Yes, sir" he nodded, giving the signals to his men.

"Now!" I stood up and pushed back the droid army with the force before deflecting blasts and running back with the others. "I got them" I sighed, out of breath from running once we had returned to the base to meet Obi Wan, Anakin and Rex.

"Well it looks like that was a success" Anakin told the others with a hopeful shrug.

"How bad is it?" I questioned, looking over at the holotable with the battle layout.

"So far we have not been able to move forward or advance on the enemy" Kenobi explained.

"And Skywalker doesn't have any bright ideas?"

"Not this time" Anakin told me with the slight shake of his head. I raised a hand to my chin in thought, Cody smiling at the detail I had picked up from Kenobi.

"Who is leading this battle for the separatist?" I started.

"General Grievous"

"I might have a plan but it will take some time. What do you have for supplies?"

"Cody why don't you show Lyra" Kenobi instructed. Cody lead me off towards the set up base where he showed me the few supplies they had to work with.

"Thanks for the save back there General"

"Of course, it's my job to protect the people of this galaxy" I reminded when we came to a halt.

"Here it is, all of our supplies" he presented a small few crates.

"This is it?" He nodded in reply. "I guess it will have to work" I stated after taking a look inside.

"What exactly is your plan?" Anakin asked once we returned to them.

"I can use the supplies we have to build a droid disrupter but I will need time and a distraction" I explained confidently.

"How much time?" Anakin worried that it would be too late.

"As long as you can give me"

"We will make it work" Kenobi agreed.

"Good, I'll get to work. You men hold our line here" with that I rushed off to get the supplies and start on the weapon.

"Do you need any help?" A clone asked.

"No" I replied simply, not looking up to see it was Captain Rex who offered his help as I was too focused on setting up the device.