The Start of Something - Y/n and Technoblade

Start from the beginning

"I'm 19." He replied, looking straight ahead. "So, any family?" He asked casually. I didn't even how to begin to answer that question.

"Everyone has family." I joked. Whether they like it or not, I wanted to add bitterly.

"You know what I mean." He said, smiling a little. He seemed like the type of person who didn't smile very often and it lifted my mood ever so slightly to be receiving one from him.

"None left that are important enough to be called family." I chose my words carefully, not wanting to give too much away to the stranger, but he understood what I meant. "What about you?"

He also chose his words with extreme care. "None that I talk to."

We didn't speak anymore about our families and started talking about other things instead. At the end of our journey, I had learnt that his favorite animal were pigs, he prefers quiet rural areas over big cities and he liked to read before going to sleep. I told him that I liked sleeping on the side of the bed that was closest to the door and I've always wanted to learn how to ride a horse. We didn't get each other's names simply because it was nicer to be talking as strangers and telling each other littles things about our lives that no one else knew. Like how he liked to explore far away lands, whereas I only wanted a place to call home. I was almost disappointed when we reached the village, marking the end of our journey together. We stood in the outskirts, just looking at each other. I smiled at him sadly. 

"Well, I guess-"

"She's a witch!"

"Witch!"

"You've got a lot of nerve coming here, Witch."

The shouts came in all different directions and my body froze. My feet couldn't move, not even when the villagers pulled out crossbows and ran towards us with flaming torches. The man besides me grabbed my hand and pulled me along, jerking me back to reality as he ran. More shouts came from the villagers, but with a change in their tones. They sounded a lot less angry and a lot more....scared. 

"Ohmygod, is that..."

"It can't be..."

"We're doomed!"

"She's got the fucking Blood God with her!"

I turned to the man, looking at him, recognizing him by his title instantly. We had all heard stories about him when I lived in my village, before I was forced to leave. Legends of an insane killer, a maniac, travelling far lands and demolishing every single civilization he ever came across, their ruins leaving a trail of death and destruction behind him. The adults would tell these stories to kids to scare them into doing chores or to eat their vegetables but inside, they feared that their village would be the next. The Blood God - Technoblade, was his real name - had become such a popular story amongst many throughout the land that fortune tellers had started using pigs on their tarot cards to symbolize death and destruction, due to the pig mask that he always wore. 

At that point, I was feeling both scared of the killer, but also protected by the stranger I had shared information about my life with. I didn't get time to sort out my emotions as The Blood God pulled me behind him, his body stood protectively in front of me as he threw an already lit stick of TNT at the villagers. As the explosion went off, he turned around and gave me a little push, and my legs knew what to do. We both ran away from the village we slowed down after a while. It was clear that they weren't going to follow us, especially not with Technoblade here. I sat down, physically drained, leaning against the trunk of a tree. Technoblade sat down in opposite me.

"Who are you?" 

I looked up at him. "Who are you?" 

He scoffed. "Surely you've figured it out by now?" Of course I have. But I needed to hear him say it out loud. 

"Who are you?" I repeated. He sighed. 

"I'm Technoblade. I've been given the name 'The Blood God' and 'The Blade' and occasionally 'Insane Criminal'. I've even been called 'psychotic dickhead' by some " He said. He held his hand out to me. "But my friends call me Techno." 

I shook his hands uncertainly. "Really?"

"No. I don't have friends." 

He didn't say it in a sad way, just in his normal monotone voice, as if he didn't care that much. He looked at me. "Now, who are you?"

"I'm Y/n Jacobs." I said. He didn't recognize that name and I didn't expect him to. 

"Right then, Y/n." He said. "So what have you done to have a whole village ready to kill just at the sight of you?" 

I smiled humorlessly. "I was born to a woman who was accused of witchcraft." I said without hesitating. I wanted it to seem like I didn't care, like it didn't bother me that much. Like it didn't tear my heart out every time I thought of my mom. 

"They still do that? I'm guessing your mom wasn't a witch then." Technoblade sighed. "So what so-called offence did she commit?"

"She refused to sleep with a man who was in power." I said bitterly, hoping that the tears wouldn't come. They didn't so I carried on. "And, he was not very happy about that so he sentenced her to burn at the stake for supposedly dabbling in the dark arts. And when she died, the people of the village started to suspect me so I ran. And, since then, word has travelled to nearby villages and I'm guessing that was one of the villages who knew." I didn't know why it was so easy for me to tell this criminal all my problems and I wasn't sure why he listened until I realized that I was also a criminal, on the run from authorities. Except, people weren't scared of me as they were of Technoblade. That's why he was seen as more of a horror than a criminal. 

"You can't stay out here on your own." He said suddenly. I looked up, leaving my thoughts behind. 

"I've managed just fine by myself." 

"But you can't protect yourself." I hated how he had a point. 

"I don't have anywhere to go." I pointed out. 

"Then come with me." 

I wasn't sure if I had heard him at first so I just stood there, replaying his words over and over again in my head, wondering if there was another meaning to them, although, all along I knew what he meant. He could protect me. He could provide me with food and shelter. He could teach me how to defend myself. 

But that would mean that I would have to trust him. I've heard the stories and I've seen the newspapers about his attacks. I knew what he was capable of and there was nothing holding him back from murdering me in my sleep. And, what kind of person would I be if I ran away with a killer? I would almost be as bad as him. 

But I was already considered a criminal anyways ; what difference would it make if I actually became one?

"Okay." I said finally, looking up at his eyes through the mask.

 "I'll go with you."