Chapter 3

"Hungry."

"Eh?" Arthit looked at the little guy's smiling face. A quick glance to N'May told him that she was shocked at what she just heard. "Now?"

"Hungry. Rice." Small eyes blinked innocently up at him. He grabbed Arthit's ID card. That cute face was covered with the ID card. Solo looked again like a little prince all comfortable.

Those two little words were all it took for Arthit's boss to send him on his lunch break. Sending him is putting it lightly. Arthit was practically shoved out the door with his lunch bag in hand. He could hear the whispers from his coworkers behind him.

So here he was, in the canteen with a toddler on his lap. Feeding him part of his lunch. He stopped the little one from putting another scoop of food into his full mouth. "No, Solo. Chew what you have in your mouth first."

May giggled at the sight of the two. Arthit glanced at her shyly. He was not going to deny he nearly forgot about her.

"Um, N'May, why did he come to the office?" Arthit glanced at May while keeping a close eye on Solo. The sneaky boy was still trying to put more food in his mouth.

May smiled sweetly at Arthit. Phone secretly pointing at the duo, taking a quick snap at the sight of the happy kiddo and the slightly hovering P'Arthit. "I think he was just hungry and knew to go to you. He was very dedicated while drawing. Not to mention he was determined to take it to you personally. He didn't even let me see it."

Arthit raised an eyebrow to the giggles that came out from a usually serious woman. Arthit paused before asking, "Does he really not eat?"

May nodded her head solemnly. She snapped another quick picture while Arthit wiped the toddler's cheek clean. "Mn, Kongpob struggles in a daily bases. All meals and snack times. Getting him to sleep is easy. That boy can sleep anywhere."

One of the corner of Arthit's mouth lifted in a half smile. That revelation was pretty cute. He could bet that the toddler was adorable when sleeping. His previous conversation with Solo's father came into mind.

"... Do you think it's because of their separation?" Arthit hesitated on asking such a personal question but couldn't stop the curiosity. Not to mention the worry in the back of his mind. It was not right that this cute little prince wasn't eating right. Separation or not, both parents had to help their child eat, not just one.

"Mn. At first, we all thought it was just a kid thing but now we're not sure. His mother was always the one to feed him." May bit her lip before leaning close. Arthit caught the signal and leaned forward as well. "Personally, I really don't think that's the reason. Kongpob spends more time with Solo ever since that woman left. I think Solo is afraid of losing sight of Kongpob. You know, maybe he thinks his father is going to leave too. The harder time he gives Kongpob about eating then the more time Kongpob spends with him."

Arthit leaned back, he looked down at the innocent child sitting on his lap. Bright eyes looked back at him. He caressed the puffed out cheeks. How anyone could leave this cutie was something he couldn't understand.

May immortalized that moment with another picture. The perfect shot to send to a busy daddy. She smiled at the duo in front of her. She just knew deep in her bones that Solo picked P'Arthit for a reason. Now his daddy just had to  catch up to the little genius.

Multiple floors above the canteen, Kongpob heard his phone ding from a notification. Usually he ignored his phone but he saw it was from May. That could only mean that it was something to do with Solo. The image that popped out was something he least expected.

Solo was eating. Relief spread through his body. May got him to eat. He zoomed the picture closer to the one holding his son. Eye brows rose when he saw that he was eating with the cute employee from Team A. P'Arthit, was it?

The person in front of him paused mid-presentation. Wonder could be seen on everyone's faces. CEO Kongpob was known to kick people out for so much as having a phone visible during a meeting. Whatever he was seeing must be important that he would break his own rule.

M cleared his throat to catch Kongpob's attention. No reaction. He coughed. Nada. M finally succeeded by taping the back of Kongpob's hand.

Kongpob looked up to see Aim nod his head to the front. He cleared his throat, lowering his phone face down. "Continue."

Kongpob's phone dinged a second time within 5 minutes. Kongpob flipped it back to see another picture of Solo being carried at the café line. Just as quickly as it was flipped right side up it went back to face down. Then another ding. This time it showed Solo drinking pink milk again. Then another ding. And right when Kongpob was going to flip his phone again to see the new message, M took his phone away, putting it on silent mode.

Kongpob frowned at his friend. M shook his head and pointed with his pen to the presenter then the proposal in front of them. Kongpob glared at his friend when he heard M fake cough to hide his chuckle. The tables had finally turned on them, it was no longer Kongpob making M pay attention like in their university years.

Short but updated.  Until later, loves.