Chapter 49

"Do it or don't do it —
you will regret both."

Kira mumbled, rolling around in her bed. She continued to shift around, trying to find the right spot to lay, when she froze. Someone was watching her.

She sat up. A figure moved from the corner of her room. A hand wrapped itself around her mouth, muffling her screams. She struggled. She managed to elbow one in the stomach. Another grabbed her arms, holding her still. She tried to bite the hand that had grabbed her but it was too late.

A bright red light camp from somewhere in front of her and she blacked out.

Kira woke in flashes.

The floor was cold and hard against her back. She could not get up, or even move. Her mind was groggy, she did not have the energy to struggle.

Footsteps echoed, from where she did not know, but they grew closer and soon she was being lifted by the arms and dragged over the cold floor.

The world swayed when she opened her eyes. She tried to shake her head but managed only to move it slightly.

She tried to stand, to move against the people carrying her. They stopped.

"Awake now?" One of them said. They lifted her higher so she was standing on her own two feet. "You can walk yourself then."

Her feet were unsteady beneath her but she managed to walk down the hallways, held up by the two men she assumed were Death Eaters. Who else could they be?

They brought her to a large sitting room. There sat a few other people who she knew were Death Eaters. Bellatrix and Rodolphus Lestrange, Lucius Malfoy, some other she did not know, and her father.

Her anger directed at her father was short-lived. It was replaced by fear. What did they want from her and was Charles safe?

The two Death Eaters let her go. Bellatrix stood up and walked over to her. She waved her wand around Kira's face and put it under her chin.

"Little Rose," she laughed. "Hmph, you don't look very special." She turned and pointed her wand at her father.

Her father sat forward. "She is very important."

She looked around and took a chance, "What do you want from me?" She hoped her voice was aa sturdy as is sounded to her.

Her father grinned, "Ah, Kira, dear."

She scowled, "Don't call me that."

He smirked, waving her off. "You've heard of the prophecy, haven't you?"

She put on a look of confusion, "You were there. What do you want.

"Your little fiancé doesn't have quite the control over his mind as he thinks he does."

She leapt forward, but the two Death Eaters behind her grabbed her by the arms and held her back.

"Don't talk about him," she hissed. Her temper was fraying, as was her control over her emotions.

"She is truly powerful. She will be the key to the Dark Lord's success," his voice was firm, all humour gone as he addressed everyone in the room.

"What power does she have exactly?" Someone asked.

"It's the magic of the ancients. There is no use for a wand. The memory I saw from Regulus Black was from her sixth year. Pretty impressive wandless magic, spells not even I know of. Imagine her power after two years of practice."

They would be sorely disappointed. Magic had been at the back of her mind. She was so busy with school and moving in with Regulus she didn't bother. The few times she did get bored and practice her magic were at the Ministry. Being an Unspeakable, she could practice her magic undetected. Not even the Ministry knew what happened in those rooms.

"So, what do you say, Kira?" Her father turned to face her. "Become a Death Eater?"

"Never," she spat.

He laughed, "The Dark Lord let you off easy last time. But now, you will become a Death Eater or everyone you love will die."

She sucked in a breath. She could not work for Voldemort. She would not work for him. But her family. He could hurt them.

"We can start with your youngest brother."

"No!" She shouted, struggling against the people holding her back. "No!"

"Then join us."

She pulled one last time before she settled. She knew what she had to do.

"Let me take Charles."

Her father laughed, "You're in no position to negotiate."

She looked him in the eyes, "But you need me alive don't you?"

An uneasy looked passed between them all.

She stood up straighter. "I want my family safe and I want to take Charles. Or I will make you all very sorry." Since Regulus' death she had put up walls around her emotions to cope, and now they threatened to come crashing down.

She was giving up all she stood against. She was going to help the man who caused Regulus' death. Her family needed to be safe, and if that meant helping a murderer she would do it. A part of her hated herself for this but her heart screamed to save her family. Her father would torture or kill any one of them. He has done it before.

"Give her the child, Rose," Bellatrix began, "This will all be much easier if she is compliant."

"Fine," he pointed to another Death Eater. "Bring Charles Rose."

He got up and left through the door behind her.

"For now, we can mark you." He said with a grin.

Bellatrix cackled and touched her wand to her dark mark. She was calling Voldemort.

The door opened behind her and she saw the Death Eaters bow their head.

"My followers," a cold voice said from behind her. "My time better not be wasted."

Bellatrix clapped her hands together, "Not at all, My Lord. We have a gift." She gestured to Kira.

Voldemort walked further into the room and turned to look at her. "Kira Rose. The key to either my success or my downfall. Which is it today?"

Her father spoke next, "She has agreed to take the mark."

Voldemort nodded. "Very well. Hold out your arm."

Kira thought about defying him but she remembered her little brother who was nearby. She held out her left arm.

He grabbed it, his hands were unnaturally cold. He pressed his wand into her forearm and began muttering a spell.

She resisted the urge to scream as a bolt of searing pain shot through her arm. It burned so much that if she didn't know better she would have thought her arm was on fire.

Despite the pain and the thoughts running through her head she could not keep her eyes off of the mark that was beginning to form on her arm.

What was she doing?

The rest of the hour passed in a blur. Voldemort had completed marking her and left. Her father told her of training she would receive and when it would be done. She was expected to put on a demonstration of her powers.

Charles was brought in by Narcissa who gave her a sad nod. Charles was happy to see his sister and gave her a hug.

They let her leave with him and she Apparated him to her house.

He was blown away by everything and she let him look around while she packed a small bag. She could not stay in this house any more.

"Come, Charlie," she called. He came running and grabbed her hand. She apparated them to somewhere they would be safe.

With their big sister.

________________________________________

Sorry I took so long to update. I promise I'm not giving up on this book I've just been really distracted! <3

Love you all! Thank you for reading! <3

– walkingmasterpiece xx