Arrival In the Mystic isles( and waiting for Chrysta)

"Well, where is she?

"She is running late."

"Tell me some stories."

 "In the Kingdom of Avalor, Elena takes Naomi up a mountain to show her her favorite view of Avalor City. Naomi is impressed, until Elena laments to Naomi how she was trapped in the Amulet of Avalor for forty-one years, so a lot has changed since then as Avalor isn't the same as it was before Elena's imprisonment. Elena then takes out a broken wand and shows it to Naomi. Elena explains to her that it was Shuriki's wand and how she would still be trapped in the Amulet if it wasn't for a brave young princess: Sofia. Elena then proceeds to tell Naomi the whole story that led to the present:

A coach is heading toward Avalor Castle, carrying the Avalor sovereigns, , while being chased by a green mist, and it is clear from the shouts of the royal guards driving the carriage that they are trying to get the sovereigns to safety. When the coach reaches the castle, Elena, wearing the Amulet of Avalor, comes out to greet her parents, just in time to see the mist get revealed as a sorceress who kills Elena's parents with a spell, taking out the royal guards and the horses as well in one fell swoop. Elena runs back into the castle in terror, only to be intercepted by the sorceress as she chases Elena down, who then proceeds to strike Elena with the same spell in a bid to remove the only witness to her crimes and take over unopposed.

The attack is revealed to be a daydream that Sofia's having in class at Royal Prep, causing her to wake up with a startled gasp, drawing concern from her big brother, . Flora then flies by and dismisses the students for summer vacation. As the Royal Kids of Enchancia head back to the coach, Sofia's Amulet suddenly glows blue, alerting her to the fact that it's time to go to the Secret Library. Meanwhile, King Roland and Queen Miranda are trying to decide where to take their kids for their summer vacation, but are unable to make up their minds. When the Royal Twins meet up with them, they reveal that they still haven't picked a place out.

Meanwhile, Sofia grabs Behind the Walls and heads for the Secret Library. When she arrives, the Library picks out a book called The Lost Princess of Avalor, to the shock of Sofia, who asks "Like my Amulet of Avalor?" When the book goes into the pendulum, it turns into a man who states "Exactly like your Amulet of Avalor!" The man tells Sofia that he's , the Royal Wizard of Avalor. Alacazar then proceeds to tell Sofia the story:

Across the Great Ocean in the Kingdom of Avalor, there once lived a Princess named Elena. On her fifteenth birthday, her mother Queen Lucia gave her the Amulet of Avalor. One fateful day, an evil power-hungry sorceress from the Northern Islands named Shuriki invaded Avalor. She attacked the King and Queen and set her sights on the palace. Elena chose to face Shuriki on her own. When Shuriki tried to strike her down, the Amulet saved Elena's life by pulling her inside it. Alacazar found the Amulet and discovered that the only way to free Elena was to find a special princess to set her free. Alacazar traveled for years to find this princess until he grew too old to continue. He then used the last of his magic to turn himself into the book he transformed from.

Alacazar then tells Sofia that the daydream she had earlier in class was Elena telling her that the time had come for her to be set free from the Amulet. Sofia is doubtful, but Alacazar tells Sofia that she can do it as the Amulet tested many princesses before her and she is the only one the Amulet chose. Alacazar tells Sofia what she has to do to free Elena: She must go to his home in Avalor and summon his chanul. He also warns Sofia to be careful as Shuriki is as powerful and evil as ever as when she first took over Avalor over four decades ago, especially as Queen at the moment. Sofia goes to her family and convinces them that they should spend their vacation in the Kingdom of Avalor. With everyone in agreement, the Royal Family of Enchancia then sets sail for Avalor.