Chapter 18: Going Apeshit

Forewarning: Rory gets quite sweary towards the end so if that makes you uncomfortable please feel free to skip past the stuff with Pauna. Happy reading!

Rory, her guards, and the Trikru warriors quickly make their way through the woods to TonDC

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Rory, her guards, and the Trikru warriors quickly make their way through the woods to TonDC. They don't get far from Camp Jaha before Rory and Atlas begin to hear rustling behind them. She calls out to the Royal Guards, getting them to stop, before she pulls Athena to a halt and turns around to face the noise, her actions mirrored by Atlas. Beside her, Atlas unsheathes his sword, preparing himself to get the first blow in against whoever is following them.

"Aunt Abby?" Rory gasps when the older woman pushes through the foliage and she spots her. "What are you doing here?"

"Marcus sent me." She tells Rory. "He said he had things covered back in Camp so, I could come with you. I could stay with you and with Clarke."

"I thought we all agreed-"

"She's not coping, Rory." Abby's admission silences Rory instantly. "I lost her once, I can't just sit in Camp knowing that she's in TonDC surrounded by Grounders. She's my daughter, I need to be there for her and," she looks up at her, "you're my niece." She shrugs. "You may be Queen, and you may be doing an incredible job at it but, I need to be there for you just as much as I need to be there for Clarke. I'll stay out of your way. But, when you need me, I'll be there to give you a hug and tell you it's all going to be ok." Rory nods once, Abby's words softening her resolve.

"Chancellor Griffin." Atlas says, moving his horse over to her. He holds out his arm, like he had done for Octavia days earlier. "Climb on. We have a while to go before we reach TonDC and not a lot of time to spare."

- - - -

The remainder of their journey to TonDC is uneventful and they quickly make it back inside the walls of the village. Things move quickly once they arrive. A meeting is called as soon as Lexa is made aware her men and Rory's guards, along with Rory herself, have made it back. They all make their way into the banqueting room from earlier, Rory and Atlas reuniting themselves with Clarke and Arcas, and gather around the large table in the centre of the room. Maps get placed on the table, small figures dotted on top representing the various factions at play, and then discussions on what to do next start up. They all huddle around the table, arms folded or palms pressing down on the surface. Rory bucks the trend, opting for a seat in one of the chairs. She pulls it out, sits down, and kicks her feet up onto the tabletop.

"This argument is useless!" Quint, one of Lexa's men, shouts. "If they can't breathe our air then why not open the door and let them burn?"

"Let them burn! Let them burn!" The other grounders begin to chant.

"Alright, that's enough. For goodness sake, calm down." Rory waves her hand, silencing the rowdy crowd.

"We can't open the door because they have a containment system, multiple airlocks just like we had on the Ark." Clarke explains.