𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗧

THE FAKE LOCKET
"—𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝖺 𝖿𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝗅𝗈𝖼𝗄𝖾𝗍. 𝗂 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗉𝖾𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅 𝗈𝗇𝖾."

—AS SOON AS SIRIUS APPARATED ALEXANDRIA AND DRACO TO SLYTHERIN MANOR, ALEXANDRIA RUSHED TO HER FATHER'S OFFICE

—AS SOON AS SIRIUS APPARATED ALEXANDRIA AND DRACO TO SLYTHERIN MANOR, ALEXANDRIA RUSHED TO HER FATHER'S OFFICE. "Come in," said Tom when she knocked. He immediately stood up when she walked in and rushed over to her, pulling her into a hug.

Her eyes widened slightly, but she hugged back.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was?" asked Tom, pulling away and looking at her. "When Severus told me what had happened, I almost killed him."

"Father, I'm alright."

"You almost died, Lex. And I wasn't there to stop it. Who did it to you?" He asked with an edge to his voice, a sign that he was dead serious.

"Hermione Granger," replied Alexandria.

"I'll send half of my death eaters to search for her and her family."

"I'm sorry if I disappointed you—"

"Don't say that," her father shook his head, voice softening.

"Well, I'm not sorry for killing Dumbledore."

Tom rolled his eyes fondly. "I don't care that you disobeyed my orders this time. I know how it must've felt."

She was about to reply, but a knock at the door caught their attention.

"Come in," said Tom, sitting back down on the chair by his desk.

The door opened and in came Harry.

"When did you come?" His sister asked, curious.

Harry shrugged. "Bella apparated me out of there. The whole school was around Dumbledore's body and crying. I could've sworn I heard a Slytherin whisper that they'd finally win the house cup."

"Well, they got their priorities in check," chuckled Alexandria.

Harry nodded, then looked at the dark lord, giving him something. "That's what Dumbledore was looking for and I believe that's not it."

Tom immediately stood up— looking panicked. "He went to the cave?" He asked, grabbing the locket.

"Yes, but it's a fake locket. I don't know what happened to the real one," said Harry truthfully.

"You're dismissed, Potter," said Tom, not looking away from the fake locket in his hands.

Harry nodded and walked out of the office.

"So.. my brother died, trying to kill you.." concluded Sirius a few hours later when the dark lord called him in.

Tom nodded, giving him the letter— which he had found in the locket. "Your brother wanted me dead, Black."

"Everyone did at one point," shrugged Sirius, muttering an apology when he noticed his Lord's glare.

Alexandria openly laughed.

"Inform Bellatrix to get Helga Hufflepuff's cup out of her vault," said Tom. "And the Gryffindor sword."

Sirius' eyes widened, but he didn't even bother questioning and nodded. "Anything else, my lord?"

"No. You're dismissed, Black."

When the door shut, Alexandria was too busy looking at the books in the office to notice her father's eyes following every move of hers.

She took a breath, preparing herself to ask a question that had been bothering her for weeks. "Why couldn't you visit when I almost died?"

"The wards didn't let me, Lex. Trust me, I tried."

"And Sirius or Remus? What about them?"

"Dumbledore updated the wards and it didn't let them be able to visit, either. Now that he's dead, I expect we'll be able to visit for future purposes."

"Like the war?" She pushed on, turning around. "Will there be a war, father?"

Tom hesitated, then nodded. "I'm afraid so, Lex."

"Why do we have to kill mudbloods?"

"What?" He asked, voice turning sharp.

"I mean, muggleborns make up half the Wizarding world. If we kill them all, the Wizarding world's population will decrease drastically. Instead of killing them, you could capture them and make them work jobs in the Ministry. Or be Azkaban workers. They don't have to get an education. Just throw then into jobs when they turn 16. Choose it for them. They could also work for you."

"Wouldn't they just prefer the death?" scoffed her father.

"Sure, but it's not about what they prefer. It's about the population of the Wizarding world."

The dark lord looked thoughtful. "I'll think about it. Anyway, you're not going back for your seventh year."

"What?" asked Alexandria in shock. "Why?"

"The war," her father rolled his eyes as if it was obvious. "We've got to keep you safe, Lex. The only way we can do that is if you don't go to Hogwarts for your final year. We've just got to eliminate the light side in this war and then you can go back if you'd like."

"I probably won't," shrugged the girl. "but I will go on missions, right?"

"Yes, but they'll be different. Your missions will be to find mudbloods and capture them, bringing them to our dungeons."

"Not kill them?"

"That I will have to think about."

"Right," she nodded, walking to the door.

"Lex?"

"Yeah?" Alexandria turned around.

"I'm really glad you're alright."

She gave him a small smile, then walked out of the office.